Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap OBDII--Can it work for monitoring purposes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap OBDII--Can it work for monitoring purposes?

I found a super cheap obdII reader on Harbor Freight.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46030

I bought one just for reading codes from time to time. Is there any way to incorporate this into the mp3car?

link don't work
    2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 4DR
    Aleroputer 90% done (ripped out and being rewired)
    MYMODS:
    Pioneer Head unit in a remote location, Clarion Amp, XM Satilite Radio, 2 10" Audiobahn DVC Subs wired 1 ohm in a bandpass box, Grill Mesh, Halo Guages

Comment

works for me

Comment

didn't work for me either
        http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

I think the site may be down at the moment. I just tried; also no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Stylzz
            I found a super cheap obdII reader on Harbor Freight.
            http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46030

I bought one just for reading codes from time to time. Is there any way to incorporate this into the mp3car?
            Site looks to be back up. Give it a look.

Comment

That would be difficult to integrate into a carputer without soldering and a lot of pain, and even then, you wouldn't be as advanced as an $88 OBD-II reader that connects via serial.

I use this one:
              http://obddiagnostics.com/

I can get all sorts of information that a hand held code reader cannot, including voltages, RPM, speed, etc.
              Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
              http://hallert.net/

Comment

Thats almost the same price for the digimotor, w/sw.

I agree w/ chairboy. It would be fine by itself, but not with MC
                Dual Lilliput's 70NP/C/T
                Syntax SV266AD KT266A
                AMD Athlon XP 2000
                Viking 256MB DDR
                D-Link Wireless 802.11B
                Seagate 120GB
                OrbitMicro 250W DC/DC converter
                SII Wireless Audio Link
                Digimoto OBD-II
                Earthmate GPS
                BU-303 USB GPS
                D-Link Bluetooth

Comment

Inexpensive OBDII Code Reader

Hi guys.... Go to www.diydiagnostics.com. I have a very good but inexpensive scan tool available for sale. Price is $54.99 plus about 4 bucks for shipping. Anyone who mentions this forum in their order will receive a $7 discount! Check it out. The tool works great. It gives you more control over viewing/clearing codes than most models. Plus, it has a nice length cord so that you don't have to spend time with your head underneath your dashboard. Works on 1996 and newer GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and some others. No computer required. This is a self contained unit. It also comes with a handy code booklet to tell you what the codes mean.

Matt Maltarich
                  www.diydiagnostics.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattandleah
                    Hi guys.... Go to www.diydiagnostics.com. I have a very good but inexpensive scan tool available for sale. Price is $54.99 plus about 4 bucks for shipping. Anyone who mentions this forum in their order will receive a $7 discount! Check it out. The tool works great. It gives you more control over viewing/clearing codes than most models. Plus, it has a nice length cord so that you don't have to spend time with your head underneath your dashboard. Works on 1996 and newer GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and some others. No computer required. This is a self contained unit. It also comes with a handy code booklet to tell you what the codes mean.

Matt Maltarich
                    www.diydiagnostics.com
                    these guys are looking to do a hell of a lot more than what a simple code reader can do.
                    Is this where the witty comment goes?
                    97 Black pearl Mazda Miata MX-5 Carpc V2? maybee..

Comment

Ordered it

Hi guys.... Go to www.diydiagnostics.com. I have a very good but inexpensive scan tool available for sale. Price is $54.99 plus about 4 bucks for shipping. Anyone who mentions this forum in their order will receive a $7 discount!
                      Hi Matt and Leah,
                      This looks like a nice unit, I ordered a CAN version today,(is there a discount for that one?). I've been wanting to buy one for a long time and this looks like the best deal around.
                      Snydley

Comment

Working...
                      X