Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD-II and Visual Basic

Hi guys,
    I would like to implement ODB-II interface to my carpc. I have seen many interfaces that runs on proprietary softwares without source codes.

Do you know if there's an interface with VB OCX support?

I have found a software on OBD2crazy.com for ELM 32x interfaces which provide an OCX. Is there anyone who tested this?

Thank you for the support
    -NicGalla-
    custom-made aluminum case | MK2.8+ PSU | EPIA 800 | 256 Mb DDR | 120 Gb 7.2k WD | Wireless Chieftec mouse & keyb | Trust USB Keypad & USB webcam | Majestic TFT 7" 16:9 | WinXP & ME2 | connected to factory head-unit in a PT Cruiser 2.0L

Yeah that would be VERY nice to have, I could program all kinds of wonderful OBD related with that.

Comment

this thread has been done

Comment

Originally posted by BoraXP
        this thread has been done
        Provide a link or something man, don't just **** on the guys parade and leave

Comment

BoraXP you're wrong. I made a search here before posting and didn't find anything interesting.
          I hope there's someone who's willing to test ODB2crazy.com software with ELM323 chip
          -NicGalla-
          custom-made aluminum case | MK2.8+ PSU | EPIA 800 | 256 Mb DDR | 120 Gb 7.2k WD | Wireless Chieftec mouse & keyb | Trust USB Keypad & USB webcam | Majestic TFT 7" 16:9 | WinXP & ME2 | connected to factory head-unit in a PT Cruiser 2.0L

Comment

Dan Harrison's OBDScan is expensive but there is VB code for here
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18657

Comment

Dear Admin,
              thank you for your reply but since I would use ODB-II to show up gauges on the CarPC and nothing else, Dan Harrison's one is too expensive.
              -NicGalla-

Comment

Originally posted by nicgalla
                BoraXP you're wrong. I made a search here before posting and didn't find anything interesting.
                I hope there's someone who's willing to test ODB2crazy.com software with ELM323 chip

www.odb2crazy.com doesnt seem to work

is it a typo or a down site
                ?

Comment

www.obd2crazy.com

unless the Ol' Dirty B*stard is getting into carputing, anyway :P
                  Celica VVTi
                  EPIA M10000 Nehemiah, 160Gb HDD, 7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen, Opus 150Watt PSU, Slimline DVD/CDRW, Road Runner

Comment

Hi!!!!

I need your help please!!!!

I am writing code in Visual Basic in order to communicate to the ECU with ELM interface. I donít know very well how to write and read the commands I have to send/receive to talk to the ECU.

Could you help me please?

Iíll appreciate your help!!!

Regards

Esteban

email:[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by nicgalla
                      Hi guys,
                      I would like to implement ODB-II interface to my carpc. I have seen many interfaces that runs on proprietary softwares without source codes.

Do you know if there's an interface with VB OCX support?

I have found a software on OBD2crazy.com for ELM 32x interfaces which provide an OCX. Is there anyone who tested this?

Thank you for the support
                      Hi!!!!

I need your help please!!!!

I am writing code in Visual Basic in order to communicate to the ECU with ELM interface. I donít know very well how to write and read the commands I have to send/receive to talk to the ECU.

Could you help me please?

Iíll appreciate your help!!!

Regards

e-mail:[email protected]

Esteban

Comment

Working...
                      X