digitmoto.com or autoenginuity.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitmoto.com or autoenginuity.com

it's my b-day tomorrow so i'm going to buy myself an OBDii reader/scanner.

which one of these is better from everyone's experience?

i know the autoenginuity one is a bit more expensive but i don't mind paying if its a better product.

i want something that refreshes fast and shows me everything.

thanks all.
    2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    7" Lilliput Touchscreen
    NANO-ITX+m1-atx
    512 DDRsodimm
    60g SATA Laptop HD
    4x Apple DVDslot
    digimoto OBDii
    mS GPS
    mini BT keyboard
    relocated HU faceplate

90 views no reply?
    2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    7" Lilliput Touchscreen
    NANO-ITX+m1-atx
    512 DDRsodimm
    60g SATA Laptop HD
    4x Apple DVDslot
    digimoto OBDii
    mS GPS
    mini BT keyboard
    relocated HU faceplate

Comment

I guess you're not the only one wondering about it
      -Mars

Comment

Modis from Snapon is veeeeeeery good, and its only like 8 grand or so
        Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

All I can say is that I have a OBD II reader that uses the ELM chip like digimoto.com and it only gets 2.5 updates a second and that is split between all the parameters you are watching.
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

is the software from either compatible with the hardware from the other? how are they getting the dyno functionality.
            -Ross
            02 Camaro SS
            Opus 150W($150 used) Morex Venus 668 Case($109) Epia M10k($166) 128 Megs ($0), Maxtor 200Gig($76) CD-R/DVD($29) Lilliput 7"($285) Buffalo Airstation($42) Holux GPS($53) GM10-AUX(audio input, $72)
            Tot: $983
            Buying stereo!

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
              All I can say is that I have a OBD II reader that uses the ELM chip like digimoto.com and it only gets 2.5 updates a second and that is split between all the parameters you are watching.

I have the same interface and it won't work with all the available software!!!

Is there a better one that will work with ALL the available softwares??

Comment

There is no hardware interface that will work with all software. The problem is that the OBD II protocol is not directly compatible with a serial port so the hardware interface needs to convert from the OBD II protocol to something that will be readable on the serial port. All the hardware interfaces take a slightly different approach to this conversion so code needs to be written that is compatible with converted format, not the standard OBD II data format.
                The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I really like my obddiagnostics.com BR-3, it was cheap ($90) and supports all the OBD-II interfaces so it will work on any car, unlike scantool which needs special hardware for each.
                  Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                  http://hallert.net/

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu

Thankfully most new cars are switching to CAN interface now, so that shouldnt be a problem. However.. there are no cheap scanners that support CAN as of yet, sigh...
                    ----------------------
                    VIA Epia II
                    256MB 266DDR Ram
                    90GB Wester Digital
                    Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
                    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
                    ----------------------
                    Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

Is there an OBD ii tool that can change porformance codes? Example like changeing how much pickup you get or gas milage? I know they have the hand tools, but is there one that could be hooked up to a computer?

Comment

OBDii is read only.
                        My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                        2 Kicker Comp 10"
                        Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                        Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                        Check it out?!

Comment

Then what are those things that they hook up the OBD that turn off the check engin light? That doesn't sound like read only to me. Maby i'm missing something

Edit :Im looking for something like this but for a computer .

Comment

So, is autoennginuity better???
                            Is the refresh rate better??
                            As I can see the software is much much better!!!!!
                            I think that they have a bluetooth interface too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Animepix
                              Then what are those things that they hook up the OBD that turn off the check engin light? That doesn't sound like read only to me. Maby i'm missing something
                              OBD II is MOSTLY read-only, the 1 and ONLY thing it can reset is the check engine light which also "resets" the ECU. If you want more functionality, you'll have to look to manufacturer specific protocols. Most of these use the same port as OBD II, but use different wires and are proprietary solutions.

Comment

Working...
                              X