Help: OBD2 Extension Cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: OBD2 Extension Cable?

Does anyone know of an obd2extension cable? OBD2 male -> OBD2 female?

My connector is in an odd place and has a removable cover directly over it. when I take the cover off and plug my ingenuity.com adapter in, it works fine, but I cannot put the cover over it, and I am wanting to permanently mount this, so, it would not look too good having the adapter stick out into the passenger side.

Any ideas? This is on a BMW.

Thanks!
    Larry
    [email protected]

here is an idea. Your OBDII has a serial input that plugs into your pc, right? Just get a serial extension cable. My OBDII is being shipped right now. I don't have a serial port on my bookpc, so I got the usb-> serial adapter and will use a USB extension cable if necessary.
    --------
    mykolJay
    99 Accord coupe
    http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
    My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

No

Thanks for the reply, but, that won't work.

There is a removable cover which covers the OBD2 port. When I remove the cover to plug the connector in, it (the connector) stick out into the passenger compartment about 3 inches. The way the original OBD2 connecter is situated, it is not possible to permanently mount the autoenginuity adapter. Does this make sense?

Larry

Comment

So why not just unscrew the port and pull it back under the dash then you could hide the whole thing behind the dash?
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

You could make your own extension. Just cut the wires. It doesn't seem very hard to cut into an OBDII wire seing how it only has about 7 wires inside. Besides, the inside wires are color-coded so extending them shouldn't be an issue at all. Unless of course you want to save the warranty on that OBDII unit.
          00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
          Newest install - my quickest ever
          My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
          My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

I know this is a REALLY OLD thread, but I came across it while looking for an OBD-2 extension cord and I figured someone else could benifit from what I found. I haven't checked the mp3car.com store to see if they have it, but heres a pretty cheap 5ft extention from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/OBD-II-Extensi.../dp/B000SBCHCA

Comment

Working...
            X