Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a OBD-II Extension cord?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a OBD-II Extension cord?

I just got my Autoenginuity scantool today, and when I plugged it in, I noticed that the actual unit protrudes out to where my legs are and get in the way. There'd be no way I could drive comfortably while having it plugged in. Are there any OBD-II extension cords out there I could buy? I want to be able to put the scantool unit some place where it won't get in the way. (I drive a 2004 Subaru WRX and the OBD-II port is located on the bottom of the steering column, right above where my legs would be while driving.) Thanks.

You might want to look into scotch-locking the scan tool wires to the wiring harness above the connector. That way it will not be in driving way. Put a disconnect on the wire so a standard scan tool can be used as well.

Comment

This site has a low profile cable but no pre-made extensions. Although you could get a cable and a connector and put it on the scantool end.

Comment

Actually, that site has exactly what I'm looking for. A male to female OBD cable. Thanks alot!

Comment

save money and just unbolt the connector from the dash and put it some where else

Comment

Working...
          X