2000 toyota tundra obd-II info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 toyota tundra obd-II info

my check engine light came on yesterday, so i took it to autozone for the free obd2 checkup, turns out it was an o2 sensor, so i go in to buy the sensor, and its 179.99, and im like........SHEEESH. so i call up the toyota dealership and supposedly there is a recall, to get the sensor replaced for free. which made my day. anyways. the obd-II system the guy used was pretty cool. im wondering where i can get one that connects to my carpc, and can check the codes, and maybe also do custom guages or something. which obd-II tool would be compliant with my truck, and would my truck be able to run the custom guaging, and any other cool abilities? does anyone here have a toyota truck with this tool? thanks alot.

I purchased the AutoTap OBDII Diagnostic Scanner: http://autotap.com/autotap_for_windows.html and it's connected to my 2003 Tundra. Price is on the expensive side ($200), but you get a great user interface and the ability to create custom gauges. Search around, there might be cheaper alternatives to meet your needs.

Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Comment

Can you see the dials and text ok on your screen? What size/brand do you have?
      03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
      Carputer Planning |---------*|
      Overall Implementation |---------*-|
      (Stereo complete)
      Computer installed and working

Comment

Originally posted by techeros
        Can you see the dials and text ok on your screen? What size/brand do you have?
        I have a 7" Lilliput touch screen. AutoTap will allow you to set the font size, so you can make the gauge text as big as you want.
        Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Comment

Working...
        X