cheapest ob2 hardware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapest ob2 hardware?

where can i find cheap odb2 hardware? odbdiagnostics.com seems to be down..
    -Ross
    02 Camaro SS
    Opus 150W($150 used) Morex Venus 668 Case($109) Epia M10k($166) 128 Megs ($0), Maxtor 200Gig($76) CD-R/DVD($29) Lilliput 7"($285) Buffalo Airstation($42) Holux GPS($53) GM10-AUX(audio input, $72)
    Tot: $983
    Buying stereo!

are you looking for just a scan tool or do you want a flasfhing program as well? if you want just a scanner look for autotap. not sure of the web addresse any more bet it's a farly good program and wasn't to expense last time I looked.
    I have a 2000 camaro run hp tuner. it is a scan tool as well as a flasher for tuning everything. if you want a flasher I would highly recommend this program as it is the best out for ls1 engine's to date. however it is not a cheap program at 500 buck's. they web sit is www.hptuners.com I would suggest at lest giving it a look and reading some of the forum's about it there.

Comment

Originally posted by jrtf83
      where can i find cheap odb2 hardware? odbdiagnostics.com seems to be down..
      Not down. Just mispelled.

Try this link instead:
      http://www.obddiagnostics.com/
      Don't Fear The Gurkey
      Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

The BR-3 from obddiagnostics works great for me, btw. Very versatile, no special hardware needed to interface with the different car types like some scan tools.
        Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
        http://hallert.net/

Comment

Originally posted by wkolodny
          Not down. Just mispelled.

Try this link instead:
          http://www.obddiagnostics.com/
          DOH! wow i'm a moron! Thanks!
          -Ross
          02 Camaro SS
          Opus 150W($150 used) Morex Venus 668 Case($109) Epia M10k($166) 128 Megs ($0), Maxtor 200Gig($76) CD-R/DVD($29) Lilliput 7"($285) Buffalo Airstation($42) Holux GPS($53) GM10-AUX(audio input, $72)
          Buying stereo!

Comment

hey does any know if the BR-3 work with other software then the one from the site?

Comment

What size screen are you guys using to view the OBD data?
              Does it work well with a 7 inch?
              www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

As far as I know, it only works with the software from the site right now, but the spec is published so someone should be able to write another interface if they want.

I use mine with my 7" lilliput no probs. The software doesn't really interface with the front end I use, so I don't use it a lot, but I've been thinking about writing some sort of interface that would be full screen and do diagnostics, etc. Maybe once I get settled into my new house/job.

Comment

I like it mostly. Wish there was an ini file to set the protocol. You have to set it manually each time you start the program.
                  Don't Fear The Gurkey
                  Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

What about obd hardware that can edit tuning settings? I ordered from obddiagnostics.com but then they told me that thier hardware won't edit any settings in my pcm... :-( I don't wanna have to break the bank with one of these 800 tuning packages!
                    -Ross
                    02 Camaro SS
                    Buying stereo!

Comment

You need more then an OBD package for that, you need one of the $500+ interfaces.

Comment

I like the obddiagnostics myself.

Can anyone write a program like the Routislaunch program that can chose the protocol?

I bet we could use the same program. I'll try.
                        --------
                        mykolJay
                        99 Accord coupe
                        http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                        My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

the BR-3 will hook up to any OBD-II Vehicle. If so i'm buying one for my altima
                          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                            the BR-3 will hook up to any OBD-II Vehicle. If so i'm buying one for my altima
                            be careful! I ordered one from him and it did not talk to my Mazda 3. The interface was reconzied but no protocol worked. He said it my mazda might be CAN bus or something, whatever that means.,

But he was a REAL COOL guy and said i could return it no problem. Great guy to do business with.
                            My Carputer Project

Comment

Originally posted by nappyjim
                              be careful! I ordered one from him and it did not talk to my Mazda 3. The interface was reconzied but no protocol worked. He said it my mazda might be CAN bus or something, whatever that means.,

But he was a REAL COOL guy and said i could return it no problem. Great guy to do business with.
                              Actually, he's a she... Beverly. And yes, she is very cool to deal with. I would recommend the hardware to anyone looking for an inexpensive odb solution. The software could be better, as mentioned an .ini file or something so it would remember settings.

- Z
                              It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                              What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

Working...
                              X