Will this be able to read boost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be able to read boost?

I'm pretty sure OBD-II can read boost pressure, or I've heard wrong. Anyway, if it can... will this be able to show boost pressure in my 04 wrx?

If you know one that does, pleas give me a name/link. Thanks.

Seems that this one can.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Damn, that thing reads a ton. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by harrisonpowers
        Damn, that thing reads a ton. Thanks.
        No problem. I bet others will chime in with others, but that's the first thing that came on up
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Just got the demo of it and couldn't get it to show any boost, that could be because it's not connected to a vehicle (it should be in presentation mode though)..

Does anyone know where I might be doing something wrong?

edit - EcuTek makes the DeltaDash specifically for wrx's. It does not show boost, I have a feeling that I won't be able to get boost via OBD-II.

Comment

Boost is usually considered an "enhanced parameter". If this is a general obd2 scanner and not designed to read stuff specifically for your car it probably wont.

Comment

get delta dash from ecutek.com
              Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

The Autotap link you reference is a list of Diagnostic Trouble Codes. It is not a list of real time available data (like boost pressure / map pressure).

The car's ECU may monitor the map sensor to see if an abnormal condition is being sensed. If so, it may trip a DTC with the issue. That is not to say that you can monitor the boost pressure with your device.

Map sensor is a fairly standard device to monitor as it is so important to vehicle driveability.

Comment

Working...
                X