Read OBDII Source Code?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read OBDII Source Code?

I've searched around the forums and found some people were able to make a program to extract data from the ECU using OBDII. I was wondering if anyone could post some example source code (Prefer VB6) to open the COM port and read the data.

Im not looking for a neat virtual gauge cluster at the moment, just the foundation for connecting and displaying data in a few text boxes.

Thanks.

Sorry to do this bud, but brought up a whole buncha stuff.

But here's the MS has to say about it:
    MS: VB6 Serial Communication

Is that what you were looking for?

Once you establish a connection, you need to parse the data, and feed it into your math or other textboxes and stuff.
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

I wrote a plugin you can call from VB that will do most of the common OBD II stuff you would want to do. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32692
      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Okay thanks god_of_cpu I will look into your plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by Zharvek
          I've searched around the forums and found some people were able to make a program to extract data from the ECU using OBDII. I was wondering if anyone could post some example source code (Prefer VB6) to open the COM port and read the data.

Im not looking for a neat virtual gauge cluster at the moment, just the foundation for connecting and displaying data in a few text boxes.

Thanks.
          Hi!!!!

I need your help please!!!!

I am writing code in Visual Basic in order to communicate to the ECU with ELM interface. I donít know very well how to write and read the commands I have to send/receive to talk to the ECU.

Could you help me please?

Iíll appreciate your help!!!

Regards

e-mail:[email protected]

Esteban

Comment

I currently have the BR3 interface and was hoping somebody would have done it already, but Frodo is making an SDK and some applications for it. Im just waiting on him. Go Frodo!

Comment

Originally posted by Zharvek
              I currently have the BR3 interface and was hoping somebody would have done it already, but Frodo is making an SDK and some applications for it. Im just waiting on him. Go Frodo!
              I'm hoping to get some work done on the data provider soon.
              I may release some examples for frodocomm so people can
              see the progress.
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
              X