• Skinnable OBD II Software

Updated:3/5/05
    Codeing like a mad monkey
    3/3/05
    2/19/05
    2/18/05

FAQ
    Is Frodo Accepting Donations Still?
    Frodo is always accepting donations. If you donate please post in this thread with your donation ammount and i will add you to the list of contributers

Is the hardware all purchased?
    Yes. Both tools that this will work with (see below) have been purchased

What Tools will this work with?
    First it will work with OBD Diagnostics Tool and then it will work with the ScanTool one. See hardware heading

Will there be an SDK?
    Yes. The first tool that it will support will be the OBDdiagnostics tool, and then the Scantool and there will be an SDK to support other tools

Will it be skinnable?
    YES!!

Will the software be free
    Yes. Unless frodo decides otherwise but it is highly unlikely

Will this be a Standalone program
    Yes. It will probably also be included in a version of FrodoPlayer later on.

Will this work with my car?
    It will as long as your vehicle has OBDII. OBDII comes standard on all vehicles after 1996. If you have a late 1995 vehicle you may be lucky. Here is a site that lists the cars that have it and it also has some other usefull information. http://www.obdii.com/connector.html

If you have donated and havent already posted the ammount please post the amount that you donated so i can update this post.

Hardware:
    BR-3 (OBDII) Interface (completed unit) for PWM, VPW, ISO-9141, ISO 14230
    http://www.obddiagnostics.com

Scantool
    http://www.scantool.net/products/index.htm

Contributers:
    PIP --$50
    tj!2k4 --$25
    Bugbyte --$25
    Alti --$25
    Chairboy --$20
    Zoltan --$20
    Rundell --$14
    Antimatter -- $10
    jcdillin --$10
    freeda --$10
    Bravellir --$10
    migel628 --$10
    Big Zack --$10
    Tuned Vitesse --$10
    steiveg --$10

Total Donated:
    $259

Thanks Frodo
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Send me the hardware, and I'll make skinnable software
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
      Send me the hardware, and I'll make skinnable software
      Really?? would you keep the hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
        Really?? would you keep the hardware?
        If you'd let me.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Let me see if we can't get a few people to spread the cost over. Anyone else want to help me Post here or PM me.

Also frod I would suggest looking into the hardware that you would work best.

Lets make this happen

Comment

Let me see if we can't get a few people to spread the cost over. Anyone else want to help me Post here or PM me.

Also frod I would suggest looking into the hardware that you would work best.

Lets make this happen
            I'd be willing to throw down
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

If we could get a couple more people it would be like 20 bucks a peice.

I would really like some skinnable gauges and think Frodo should keep the hardware for his time and efforts.

Comment

If we could get a couple more people it would be like 20 bucks a peice.

I would really like some skinnable gauges and think Frodo should keep the hardware for his time and efforts.
                Tru dat.

There are also so many OBDII solutions out there, and this would aid me in making my decision as to which one to get.. one that works with Frodo's app =)

Comment

i would personally go with the obddiagnostics.com one since it supports multiple interfaces and can be moved from car to car (obd2 supporting of course). i have a ford and a gm, two different interfaces but only one obd2 tool. if i went with the scantool one, i'd have to buy 2 of them.
                  2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
                  Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
                  Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

I will bung $50 Frodos way if he'll incorporate this into Frodoplayer. Do we have the rest? Frodo can order it directly if we just get him the money.
                    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

if it is the same hardward as scantool.net I'd pitch in 20.... details on specs for the software and ideas look in the OBD thread @ centrafuse forum.
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I think we're going for the unit mentioned at the start of this thread as it supports a lot of vehicles...not sure if the one you mention is compatible.

Comment

If we get a 1 or two more people to pich in then i think we would have it covered. I personally don't care which OBD II scanner we use as long as it works with a ford and as long as it is some how integrated within frodoplayer. I would totally settle for a skinnable standalone application that would be accessed through the Applications button on the main menu.

I guess a little input from frodo here would help so we would know what the cost of the unit will be and if he would rather us buy the hardware and send it to him or just send the money (I know how just sending money goes sometimes)

Comment

For me it'll have to work with GM (2002 Corvette, 2000 Suburban & maybe a 2006 C6 Z06 if I can afford it). I think the scan tool at the start of this thread supports Ford, GM & most other major makes.

Comment

If we get a 1 or two more people to pich in then i think we would have it covered. I personally don't care which OBD II scanner we use as long as it works with a ford and as long as it is some how integrated within frodoplayer. I would totally settle for a skinnable standalone application that would be accessed through the Applications button on the main menu.
                              Ford is key for me, and a standalone/module would be what I'd be looking for.. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X