Autotap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autotap

Has anyone here used autotap software? Which is the best software out right now for the OBDII?
    I have seen a few dealer sites that use autotap but than hacked the software and put their own name in the title bar.
    Any input on this software or others would be great. I plan on ordering an OBDII scanner/reader soon.

well I just hit autotap's website and looks like you can download the software free. Now not sure if you need a serial key or anything like that. I am waiting for my scanner tool to arrive and I will try it out. I was hopeing that someone has messed with it.

Comment

that looks pretty cool. keep us informed

Comment

Well I got my OBD II scanner and unfortunately it doesnt work with autotap. They must have some code embedded on a chip that the software looks for. So just using the software from obddiagnostics, which is what Frodo is in the process of making a front end for.

Comment

I believe autotap's software will only work with their hardware.

Comment

I am sure that one of these programmers on this site could probably disassemble the code and bypass it. The software is free to download off autotaps website. I did see another company reselling autotaps software but they had their name located on the menu bar and also using homemade scanner tool. So I am sure they did this.

Comment

I really wonder if other software will work with autotap's hardware.

Comment

Working...
              X