Can you use OBD-II to dyno your car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use OBD-II to dyno your car?

Can it show hp/torque curves and all that good stuff?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanklsc

yep, digimoto.com
    4G64 5 SPEED
    MY CAR - MY 5SPD - MY CARPUTER - MY GARAGE SALE

Comment

Yes this is what digimoto looks like:

It needs a ton of ifno about your car frist, I never bohtered triyng it as I doubt it will be that accurate. Str8 out the box though you can do 0-60 though and that kind of stuff.
      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

699 hp and 297ft-lb tq? You must drive a honda!

This is kinda cool:

http://www.digimoto.com/demos/dyno/dyno.htm

Comment

Well, as expected, these dyno charts are "estimated" so it probably wouldn't even detect changes like things from bolt-on exhaust or whatever. The kit (software and Elmscan hardware) costs $119... not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey
            699 hp and 297ft-lb tq? You must drive a honda!
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

can you hook up a program like digimoto to the BR-3 from obdiagnostics?

Comment

Originally posted by Tred
                can you hook up a program like digimoto to the BR-3 from obdiagnostics?
                Don't know, probably best to look at the website www.digimoto.com - however the OBDII software Frodo is writing will work on the BR-3 first, I think, and there will be a SDK so you might be able to make the same kind of software for getting the dyno stuff etc pretty easily if you know the calculations.

Comment

this look really cool, only thing is the elm scan only supports one of the 'protocols' like ISO i rather have the OBdiagnostics.com one that supports them all (if i ever get a car without ISO)

i will send them an email and let you guys know. and does anybody here know how to get a obd.com tool in europe :P?
                  my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Originally posted by GReeToZ
                    this look really cool, only thing is the elm scan only supports one of the 'protocols' like ISO i rather have the OBdiagnostics.com one that supports them all (if i ever get a car without ISO)

i will send them an email and let you guys know. and does anybody here know how to get a obd.com tool in europe :P?
                    Scantool comes in three versions though... I figure if I buy another car 80 on top of the 15000 isn't tooo harsh... Plus newer cars will support CAN instead, whihch that OBdiagnositcs one doesn't support.. Does it?

Comment

I have the digimoto/scantool setup, if you want it for dynotesting, don't waste your money.... It is NOT EVEN CLOSE. My SRT-4 dynos in at 320 @ the wheels (Alot of work done to it) and I have the scantool OBD scanner with the digitmoto software and I set it up (it does ask you alot of info but it is NOT that hard to get the info) and the first run gave me 475 HP then the second run gave me 600 HP... It is NO GOOD for that... The problem is if you get alot of WHEEL spin, your done... You might not hear your tires spinning but they might be spinning and the digitmoto software is using your speedometer as one of its measurments.

Also, if you want to display MULTI-OBD points at once, it is not good eaither... It is good for a 4 or 5 but I wouldn't go crazy with like 10 of them at once..... The hardware isn't fast enough for it.

The scantool however is good for troubleshooting and that is why I bought it....

Comment

well i don't have a fast car at all i would ust have it for fun . and if i put my car in third i won't be able to get wheel spin lol i think everybody knows its not accurate and uses it just for the fun of it.

@ stevieg

well i didn't buy a car for 15000 :P i have a second hand one and wasn't to expensive an being a student 80 is a lot for me :P.. and i prolly won't buy a brand new car for some years so i rather have a tool that supports the versions that are used atm instead of needing to buy a new tool when i buy a new car.

Comment

well i don't have a fast car at all i would ust have it for fun . and if i put my car in third i won't be able to get wheel spin lol i think everybody knows its not accurate and uses it just for the fun of it.

@ stevieg

well i didn't buy a car for 15000 :P i have a second hand one and wasn't to expensive an being a student 80 is a lot for me :P.. and i prolly won't buy a brand new car for some years so i rather have a tool that supports the versions that are used atm instead of needing to buy a new tool when i buy a new car.
                          lol OK wasn't gettin atcha .. just my opinion.

But yeah it's more for fun having those 0-60 and dyno things on digimoto.. good excuse to rinse the car every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
                            lol OK wasn't gettin atcha .. just my opinion.

But yeah it's more for fun having those 0-60 and dyno things on digimoto.. good excuse to rinse the car every now and then
                            ok , well i prolly will end up just buying the ISO scantool as most cars here in europe are ISO, and the obd.com one isn't available outside US (and if it was put about 30 euro's shipping and 30 euro's wiretransfer costs)

anyone knows for sure that a 2001 opel/vauxhall corsa b has obdII?

prolly won't get a reply from digimoto till tomorrow (time difference and all)

Comment

ok , well i prolly will end up just buying the ISO scantool as most cars here in europe are ISO, and the obd.com one isn't available outside US (and if it was put about 30 euro's shipping and 30 euro's wiretransfer costs)

anyone knows for sure that a 2001 opel/vauxhall corsa b has obdII?

prolly won't get a reply from digimoto till tomorrow (time difference and all)
                              Where in europe are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X