Toyota Specific PIDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Specific PIDs

Does anyone have a list of Toyota Specific (Extended) PIDs for OBD Mode 9? I just trying to figure out what else I can monitor aside from the standard mode 1 data.

Thanks a bunch!
    Andy

i have been trying to reasearch this forever. how do use use/ what is mode 9? i have a list of Mazda specific PIDs but i dont know how to use them...they are just text names which confuses me , because i thought it was supposed to be numerical...
    Mazdaspeed Car Computer
    gotta redo it all

Comment

Well if you have the text names you're at least one step ahead of me

Pretty much now you just have to open up a hyperterm (or other terminal) and start running queries and trying to figure out which codes correspond to which name. Then you get to figure out how the heck to turn the return values into usable numbers.

The queries (using ELM) should go something like this
      >0901
      some return value
      >0902
      some return value

the 09 part defines the query as a mode 9 and the last two numbers are the PID. If your ECU doesn't support a specific PID then it should return NODATA or something like that.

Where did you find those Mazda pids anyway?

Andy

Comment

thanks for the reply, i know me having Mazda PIDs doesnt help you in any way whatsoever, lol..
        i got them from digging around at mazdatechinfo.com (paid for a 24 hour deal...needed to look up some rx8 info at the same time) , maybe toyota has something similar?

and yeah i have a elm323 ISO, but its the older one, not the newer chip. I will try the mode 9 stuff when i get home. should a space be between the 09 and 01? thanks
        Mazdaspeed Car Computer
        gotta redo it all

Comment

kewl... I'll look around.

Yeah... no space between the numbers.

Thanks,
          Andy

Comment

hey man, i found this laying on my hard drive:

is this of any help?
            Attached Files
            Mazdaspeed Car Computer