Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anything out there for 94 ford explorer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything out there for 94 ford explorer?

hows every1 doing i had a question bout obd stuff i got 1994 ford explorer xlt v6 4L i want to get some stuff off the ecu and onto the pc so i can view all the specs and stuff when im driving around is there any way at all to do this i couldnt find anything on this topic :-( help me out please!

Short and Simple: The standard don't exist until 1996 which called OBD2.
    If you are good enought (software and hardware) and if your car has OBD1 and if you are good at you maybe able to find some info regarding to that exploder.
    With that many AND , you are better off forget about it. If you still want that stuff, sale the car and get one at is 1996 or newer.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

hmmm yeah thats what i was thinking just skip it but how can i find out if i got OBD1? where should i look?

Comment

there will b a plug that looks like this
        http://www.home.aone.net.au/techedge...e/con12pin.gif assuming your car was made in the us (gotta love those imported fords)
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

pic

oh crap yeah i found that plug some1 told me it was prolly for something ford didnt put in your car heres a picture of it

Comment

what type of engine do you have
            also look under your seat (i think thats where it is) for your ECU (on board computer) not the one you put in and check to see what your ecu number is do some searching i think ull find u might be able to integrate OBD-I
            i just hooked up my cable today and am working the bugs out i have a 1990 and just your standard 5.7 lt 350
            .______
            | '_ |__\___
            [(o)|___(o)] XB
            ._________
            | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

ive got a v6 4L engine ill check under my seat and ill try to find something on my ecu piece ill check right now its already opend up and everythin thanks keep em comin tho

also once i find the plug what should i do then do i have to make a cable or what?

Comment

hey i couldnt find the plug under the seat but there is a label on the ecu want the numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  hows every1 doing i had a question bout obd stuff i got 1994 ford explorer xlt v6 4L i want to get some stuff off the ecu and onto the pc so i can view all the specs and stuff when im driving around is there any way at all to do this i couldnt find anything on this topic :-( help me out please!
                  Check under the hood.. towards firewall. You have EEC-IV.

6-pin connector with auxiliary 1-pin connector which is shorted
                  to ground to run KOEO/KOER tests.

Also, you may have another 6-pin connector for ABS tests.

Comment

oh crap yeah i found that plug some1 told me it was prolly for something ford didnt put in your car heres a picture of it

This is not a GM ALDL connector... as described previously.

Comment

jyaron whats possible with the
                      6-pin connector with auxiliary 1-pin connector which is shorted
                      to ground to run KOEO/KOER tests.
                      can i hook it up and view specs bout the engine and all while driving?

Comment

hey i couldnt find the plug under the seat but there is a label on the ecu want the numbers?
                        yea your ecu numbers will point you in the right direction you need to google your *** off thats how i found these sites
                        find out what type of engine /ecu u have and then ull know if its compatible with any of these software programs.

Winaldl
                        and this site had links to alot of stuff too

EDIT actually thats for chevys ur gonna need to look up EEC-IV i think is the protocall your ecu uses
                        .______
                        | '_ |__\___
                        [(o)|___(o)] XB
                        ._________
                        | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

jyaron whats possible with the

can i hook it up and view specs bout the engine and all while driving?
                          That is correct
                          http://www.obd2.com/scantool/data/sc..._fordeeciv.htm

Comment

I just ran a test on my 94 Explorer with the V-6, using just a jumper wire and the check engine light. The test connector thing on my Explorer was just behind the power distribution box, which is on the passenger side at the top of the wheel well, easily accessible. Look at this site for instructions on how to do it. You dont need a scanner or anything, just a piece of wire.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/OBD_I.html

Good luck.

Comment

jyaron - nice stuff man thanks for the link but :-( 550 bucks i dont even got 5 bucks on me haha

bigdaddy what did doing that help u with like what can u do using that?

Comment

Working...
                              X