Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'NO DATA' error with Scantool

Anyone had this ?
    I tried the connection with Hyperterminal, and with the atz command it greets me with some ELMv2.02 message, but with any other commands just a 'no data'.
    The green led on the unit is lit, other 2 react with blinking when trying to scan with the Scantool software, any other software doesn't have any effect on those.
    Most of the programs I've tried suggest I dont have the ignition on.

copypaste your entire hyperterminal log here so we can look at it
    Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
    Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
    DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
    Garmin GPS 18 USB
    Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
    Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
    PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by FINCrow
      Anyone had this ?
      I tried the connection with Hyperterminal, and with the atz command it greets me with some ELMv2.02 message, but with any other commands just a 'no data'.
      The green led on the unit is lit, other 2 react with blinking when trying to scan with the Scantool software, any other software doesn't have any effect on those.

I have an '03 Ford Focus (I see you have a same year European ford too)... When I bought it, the company I got it from asked for the VIN code. They told me that UK Focii from model year 03 have CAN not the PWN interface. I was lucky, as mine is a model year '02 even though it was registered in 2003.

Here is what it says on their website (not as helpful as phoning them)

J1850 PWM
      Ford models to 2003 with EEC-V engine management system, this includes:
      Ford Cougar (all UK models), Ford Puma (1.6 and 1.7), Ford Fiesta Zetec models to 2003, Ford Mondeo Zetec models to 2003, Ford Focus to 2003
      (and the newer Ford-based Jaguars, e.g. S-Type and X-Type)
      (I think Ford Fusion is a basically a new fiesta... I might be thinking of something else though ??)

If you have a look at the link below, it tells you what pins need to be connected on the OBDII connector for PWM to function:
      http://www.gendan.co.uk/articles.php?article=3
      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

I'll have a look at it. I just assumed it would be PWN
        Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by FINCrow
          Anyone had this ?
          I have the very same problem trying to connect to a BMW 320D MY 2003
          can anybody help????

Comment

Working...
          X