JElm Emulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JElm Emulator

hello, i'm new of this forum and first of all i want to say hello to everyone

i want to know somethink about the JElmEmulator java package. Does someone have tried it? I have not really understand how does it work...

thanks, Chicco

Well, here's the IC to communicate from RS232 -> OBD I/II ...looks pretty interesting - I may try building this

http://www.elmelectronics.com/DSheets/ELM323DS.pdf
    Check out my SQ Competition carputer install

Comment

ok, thanks!

but does it means that i can't connect the pc directly to the OBD port? i need the ELM chip?

Comment

from what I read that software is just a emulator for the ELM chip and ODB2 information. So you can use it to build your software without having to sit in the car, or move the car in your computer room with you

but yes you have to have the ELM chip
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by rmjjensen
          Well, here's the IC to communicate from RS232 -> OBD I/II ...looks pretty interesting - I may try building this

http://www.elmelectronics.com/DSheets/ELM323DS.pdf
          ok... i have read that document and i understood that you can use the elm chip (or the jelmemulator) to emulate. but you can also connect the chip to the car and communicate with it.

in the document there is also explained how the elm chip works to communicate with the car. now my question is: do you think that is possible to connect directly the pc to the car using the OBD-II specifications explained in the document?

i have to say that i have got a cable from serial to OBD (my uncle is a mechanic)...

Comment

Chicco, make a quick search on this forum. Very recently same questions and answers. But, the short version is that you need some electronics between the vehicle and the PC. A simple cable won't do it.

Comment

even if the cable is the same used to connect the fiat diagnostic pc to the cars?

Comment

The fiat diagnostic PC probably has the "electronics" embedded with rest of PC. I wonder if you are talking about the Actia box which does have the electronics in the rubberized case. No, a simple cable (with no electronics) won't do it. Did you search?

Comment

not yet, i'll do it tomorrow, thanks :-)

however, i'm sure that you are right, but the cable is connected directly to a normal serial port in the pc... maybe the cable has the chip on the other endpoint, the one that connects to the obd port...

Comment

Originally posted by Chicco
                    not yet, i'll do it tomorrow, thanks :-)
                    That's not a smart remark if you want to be taken seriously on here...
                    however, i'm sure that you are right, but the cable is connected directly to a normal serial port in the pc... maybe the cable has the chip on the other endpoint, the one that connects to the obd port...
                    Maybe.

<spoonfeed on>
                    http://www.skpang.co.uk/catalog/prod...products_id=35
                    http://www.scantool.net/products/elmscan_iso.htm
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18656
                    <spoonfeed off>
                    CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
                    Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
                    Software: RR, MM/FD

Comment

ok, thanks!

Comment

Im not having a go here Chicco but...

Some members for good reason have a short fuse with people that don't the forum properly before asking a question... As this practice results in a forum full of duplicated posts and vastly increases the storage size this forum needs. It also tends to make people drift away as they get sick of seeing the same questions over and over...

My rant over now
                        My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

back from the dead...

does anyone have a copy of JElmEmulator? It doesn't seem to exist anymore.
                          2006 Corolla S Ex-Audio 7" Epia MII ATI AIW VE 512MB Mini-Box.com M300 Case 100GB 2.5" HDD Z-COM XI-325HP+ Linksys WSB24/WRT54G w DD-WRT Treo 755p BT Modem Lite-On Slotload DVD GPS JVC AVX2 2x JL Audio 8" Alpine Type-S F/R

Comment

Nope. I couldn't even find it in the Google cache....

This was old awhile ago too, I found this thread about a year ago, and even then the link was busted. It would have only been for a 322 - it was before the 327 came out.

Lukeyson

Comment

yeah, i gave up on looking for it. i found a program called "ecuemu" that works okay but doesn't respond to every PID and was developed for the 323. i just started working on my own emulator last night. there's another guy working on dashboard stuff that i'm trying to help out. google for jdash.

dan
                              2006 Corolla S Ex-Audio 7" Epia MII ATI AIW VE 512MB Mini-Box.com M300 Case 100GB 2.5" HDD Z-COM XI-325HP+ Linksys WSB24/WRT54G w DD-WRT Treo 755p BT Modem Lite-On Slotload DVD GPS JVC AVX2 2x JL Audio 8" Alpine Type-S F/R

Comment

Working...
                              X