Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa 02 OBDII

Hi, i have a 02 Vauxall / Open Corsa,

i have tried looking for the ODBII conector but have been unable to find it, i heard something about it being just below the hand brake under a cap but theres no cap , any ideas?

i have tried but cant find anything anywhere

Thanks.
    Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
    PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
    Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

I have an 03 corsa. the ODBii is located under the heater controls. If you put your head on the seat and look inbetween the bottom of the dash and the centre console you will see a cut out. there will be a plastic plug that is your ODBii.

Hope this helps

Comment

Go to your local Vauxhall Dealer and ask?

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
      : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
      : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Thanks Mik, will have a look later.
        i did think about asking vauxhall but i think they would get a bit protective and ask why i wanted to use it, i also have a 12 month warrenty, and if they know i was playing with obdII they would prob b a bit funny about it.
        Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub

Type-R Mini

Comment

Had a look, sure enough, theres a big cutout under the heating controlls, got the cover off - (took 5 mins lol, jus wudnt come off and i didnt want to force it.) and there i have my ODBII.

is it the iso pinout?

Thanks.

Type-R Mini

Comment

Dealer has no reason for giving you grief about OBD... you can harm your vehicle by collecting stats from OBDII...

they might be *****y because they chage you whenever they read faults, clear faults which you'd be able to do on your own....
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
              you can harm your vehicle by collecting stats from OBDII...
              you mean cant right?

Type-R Mini

Comment

Originally posted by dan__wright
                you mean cant right?
                I'm sure thats what he meant. I just scanned a friends car like 5 min ago and you would never have known I did it if I didnt clear the code, which I did. He didnt need to go to the dealer to find out his O2 sensor is going bad.
                Carputer status: [-*---------]
                Im thinking laptop...

Comment

yes... dur.... i'm kinda slow today... hehehe sorry bout that
                  Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                  Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Mik,
                    can you confirm that it uses the vpw standard?

also, what hardware would you reconmend?
                    Thanks.

Type-R Mini

Comment

Not sure Dan. Never actually used it. Just looked into it once, but decided it could wait till i have some money to spend. There are a few websites out there that are really usefull, i can't rember the site address, but google and they should be in the top 10 results. Phone them and ask.

Comment

i already looked on google, found one site that had prety much every opel model apart from corsa, said they were all iso, but then found another one saying all GM cars are VPW, and seeing as GM is parent company of Vauxhall, thaught they may be using that, will try get a closer look at the pins so i can hopefully tell which it is.

oh, btw, have you taken the clip off the port? i needed a screwdriver to get undo the clip, meaning its in violation of tooless access, or is just me being stupid?

Type-R Mini

Comment

I havn't taken mine off. Just rember seeing it one day and thinking i wonder what this is?

As far as your warranty is concerned. I think that vauxhaull have to prove that the part(s) faild because of your fault. With the obvious exceptions like bulbs and wipers etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X