Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBDII ScanGuage

http://www.scanguage.com

Fuel Economy (MPG & KPL- gasoline engines only)
    Fuel Rate (GPH & LPH- gasoline engines only)
    Battery Voltage
    Coolant Temperature
    Intake Air Temperature
    Engine Speed (RPM)
    Vehicle speed (MPH-KMH)
    Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
    Engine Load
    Throttle Position
    Ignition Timing
    Open/Closed Loop

Reads Trouble Codes
    Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
    Clears Trouble Codes
    Turns off "Check Engine" light
    Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes
    to send to the vehicle computer

Maximum Speed
    Average Speed
    Maximum Coolant Temperature
    Maximum RPM
    Driving Time
    Driving Distance
    Fuel Used (Gasoline engines only)
    Trip Fuel Economy(Gasoline engines only

Very nice, but isn't this for people *without* car PCs?

You know what you could do, and WOULD be popular, is:

a) ActiveX DLL that connects to scantool.net and does those functions
    b) basic skinnable software that works in common front ends
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

2 posts and this is one of them?

SPAM.
      2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
      Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
      Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by pyros
        2 posts and this is one of them?

SPAM.
        Yeah I thought they might bother replying obviously not
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

That's a pretty nice tool. Not for me unless they had some sort of software interface to connect it to a car pc/display but cool non the less!

Comment

Originally posted by schreibers
            That's a pretty nice tool. Not for me unless they had some sort of software interface to connect it to a car pc/display but cool non the less!
            yeah nothing like spending hunderds of dollars to get some simple information quick.

Comment

The only thing thats good for is looking at and clearing obd codes. As far as being a guage, its inaccurate and slow to refresh. It's decent as a trip meter, but I think it's inaccuracy carries over to that as well.
              Carputer status: [-*---------]
              Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                The only thing thats good for is looking at and clearing obd codes. As far as being a guage, its inaccurate and slow to refresh. It's decent as a trip meter, but I think it's inaccuracy carries over to that as well.
                Inaccurate and slow to refresh?????? are u kidding me....it reads the data the ECU gets.....its far from inacurate actually......Fuel consumption data is always spot on...as far as being slow........it shows 4 different paramaters at any one time and u can choose the fast update rate....Ever use the BR3 scanner and have all the paramaters showing at once....very slow at updating isnt it even in turbo update rate........speed...rpm...timing are instantly updated in fast mode...

Its their first version anyway....dam ugly box i admit...but were all hoping for a PC link in the new version...i prefer it than having it connected to my laptop in the car...its quicker to use and you dont have to manually connect it every single time u want to use it...

Comment

The speed consistantly reads off 3-6 mph, and refreshes slower than crap. I speed 0-60 in 8 sec easy and its always a sec or so behind. That is not "instant." It needs vast improvements to be a guage. Just my .02
                  Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by AusGeko
                    ....dam ugly box i admit
                    I wasnt even gonna go there.
                    I must say it's handy, but I am not too pleased with the guages.
                    Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Two more cents....

The "fast" setting updates two readings per second!
                      The interface is retarded. (you can check it out at the website)

I hate to crap on it because it can be a really useful tool. There are better options, however, and there have been threads on it before (in this sub-forum!) I think a couple of simple improvements would make this device a helluva lot better.
                      1. Integrated ODB code database, so you don't have to look the code up on the internet to know what it means.
                      2. USABLE interface!!! Serioiusly.... and the buttons.... come on...
                      3. Better materials in general.
                      4. Faster refresh or the option to only view one guage, in REAL time.
                      or just only charge $50 for it and it could be worth it.
                      Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                        Two more cents....

The "fast" setting updates two readings per second!
                        The interface is retarded. (you can check it out at the website)

I hate to crap on it because it can be a really useful tool. There are better options, however, and there have been threads on it before (in this sub-forum!) I think a couple of simple improvements would make this device a helluva lot better.
                        1. Integrated ODB code database, so you don't have to look the code up on the internet to know what it means.
                        2. USABLE interface!!! Serioiusly.... and the buttons.... come on...
                        3. Better materials in general.
                        4. Faster refresh or the option to only view one guage, in REAL time.
                        or just only charge $50 for it and it could be worth it.
                        hehe i do agree with you shizzle...im sure they will improve on it if there is another version...ive only got it cuz its the only scanner i could find that shows fuel data....

Comment

hehe i do agree with you shizzle...im sure they will improve on it if there is another version...ive only got it cuz its the only scanner i could find that shows fuel data....
                          I got one with a few friends chipping in... cause they had check engine lights on on their cars. I used it on a few trips and got 25.9mpg over 9.5 hrs on one, mostly interstate going 90mph, more or less. Of course that also includes a lot of city driving. My car was rated at 26 highway, so that reading seemed really good. Almost too good.
                          EDIT: BTW It would read about 85 on the guage when I was traveling 90mph.
                          Im thinking laptop...

Comment

..im sure they will improve on it if there is another version...
                            I just talked to a friend who is supplying them with a new OBD connector so there will be a new version. The thing is with most ODBII protocols the best you can hope for is 3 s/sec which is not all that great. Usefull for things like oil temp etc but not much else.

Comment

the speed of the scanguage is through no fault of the scanguage product. OBD on all cars relies on a serial port connection, which is inherrantly slow.

just my $.02

-=bmacd=-

Comment

Working...
                              X