Need a clear understanding...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a clear understanding...

Hi guys and gals, this is my first post but I've been reading for weeks. After researching obd2 for months I have a few questions. BTW, my car, 2000 mitsu eclipse GT.

Is it safe to compare brX with elm? I mean, what's the difference? And if anybody can tell me what my car uses or how to find out then I'd appreciate it. I know my car uses ISO91...something. Does that relate to what uhhh interface I have?

I have been downloading software for all the obd2 readers I could find. Now that I have played with them I got picky. Each one has something I want but not everything I want. So somebody please show me a program that allows full customization of gauges, a dynamometer, 1/4 mile timer, full customizable graphs, all possible tests, and logging and playback.

Is there anyway to know what options my car does spit out to the software before I buy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chances are, if you are in the states then all cars after 96 have obd2. If you are in europe then it was 2001.

I have the elm interface and it is OK for its price. It only reads about 1-2 pieces of information per second. I don't know about the brX.

I know Frodo is/was working on a skinnable OBD tool, but I don't know when it will be available. It is designed around the Elm and the BR-3
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Yes, I have the OBDII. But it seems as though there are different interfaces and I need to know which one I have.

Comment

Lots of views, no more replies. Guess I'll just buy one and hope I get the right one.

Comment

Did you ever think about contacting a Mitsubishi tech department? Perhaps at a local dealer?
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You have the ISO interface, like you already said.. what else do you need to know?
            Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
            Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
            DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
            Garmin GPS 18 USB
            Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
            Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
            PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

Comment

Just wondering what the right terminology was. So ISO is the interface...what is BR1, BR3, ELM....?

Comment

ELM is a series of chips that interface between OBD and RS232 (serial port). There are ELM chips to interface with the ISO, PWM or VPW standards.

Dunno about BR1/BR3.
                Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
                Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
                DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
                Garmin GPS 18 USB
                Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
                Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
                PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...