Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hp limit

Hey

I was wondering if anyone know about a program and a way to limit the hp in your car via a car computer?

I will use it to protect my children, when they borrow my car.

My idea was to enter a password on my carcomputer to gain full hp, else only half or a quater.

or to make serval users and have the user/password associated with a number of hp

The admin (I) will have all 264hp
    my son will only have 100 hp
    and my daughter only 70 hp
    last my wife will have 150 hp

would that be cool or what?

i hope u can help me.

greetings from denmark :P

very interesting ida but unfortunatly unless your runing linux of some real stable os in there i wouldnt even venture to have my car computer control anything OEM related maybe a window or door lock but certainly not fuel or acceleration. just imagine a blue screen of death with the computer giving the last command of limit horsepower while your about to floor it to make it across an intersection in time. ouch. eventually maybe possible as far as implementation id guess you could just limit the amount of gas availible to each user.
    your better bet install a webcam and log all the trips including a video overlay of the actual speed (kind of a little black box)
    then yellat you son when u see hes going faster than hes supposed to.
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

hahahahah what a way to be hated by your kids forever, and then having to pay for therapy!

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure this kind of thing is a good idea in terms of engine, I mean you'd have to be writing to your chip every time, and that might not be nice on your injection systems, I'm not sure it would make a difference, but anyways...

you might want to try looking at VEMS, a computer-controlled/run engine ECU... I think it is www.vemsgroup.com
      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

this is the correct link: http://www.vems-group.org/

</pwhore>
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

You could try the fully programmable open source free mega squirt as well.. That is what I am using to controll the fuel injection on my 500 HP stroker motor..
          www.megasquirt.info and www.msefi.com
          Meet More Women
          Dating Help for Men

Comment

Use an AEM EMS. Then make ask for a new feature for that program that does the passwords, so it could launch different scripts based on your code.

Problem: when your son figures out how it is controlled, and after you were just in the car, he'll just unplug the serial cable from the EMS and he'll have all your power.

Suggested power:
            The admin (I) will have all 264hp
            my son will only have 300 hp
            and my daughter only 100 hp
            last my wife will have 50 hp
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

okay, thx guys.. :P i mean that Volvo has that kind of system, it cost about 5000$ :O

Comment

dude - if that was me It would be as follows:

Me (Admin) = Full bHP
                Son
                Daughter/Wife = Car won't even start
                "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

That's a good idea. That would be great if you let your kid drive with your car, the inshurance have nothing to complain about, because your "dangerous" kids have a limited car and you would need pay less. Now get that idea official.
                  You could talk to a car tuner (chip), they should know more about that.

Originally posted by rickster
                  dude - if that was me It would be as follows:

Me (Admin) = Full bHP
                  Son
                  Hell yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by rickster
                    Too obvious. Have random lights turn on and off, doors lock, and check engine light turn on
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
                      very interesting ida but unfortunatly unless your runing linux of some real stable os in there i wouldnt even venture to have my car computer control anything OEM related
                      No, no... All that is needed is that a computer being on, and maybe controlling the resistance across some O2 sensor or something, and only when the ignition is started. After its started, the ECU should go into automatic mode, and then the existence of the computer shouldn't matter, am I right (assuming the O2 sensor, or whatever it was controlling went back to normal)?
                      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
                      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
                      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Originally posted by kiltjim
                        No, no... All that is needed is that a computer being on, and maybe controlling the resistance across some O2 sensor or something, and only when the ignition is started. After its started, the ECU should go into automatic mode, and then the existence of the computer shouldn't matter, am I right (assuming the O2 sensor, or whatever it was controlling went back to normal)?
                        Improper air to fuel ratio = bad for engine. You'd probably get a check engine light if you did that.
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If you had a Subaru, you could get an ECU management tool like the AccessPort. It lets you upload new maps to the ECU. There are different maps for different modes - race, economy, valet, anti-theft. These basically vary the amount of turbo boost available, which changes the hp.

Comment

Your not going to get this functionality with the base level tools and ECU access that is routinely available. You would need to change flash parameters to limit the amount of power available. You would NOT want to do that by altering anything with o2 as that will cause an engine problem (lean or rich related issues) and will cause a fault to be set.

There are lots of liability related issues that can be introduced here and less than proper execution can be hazardous to driver health.

Some less intrusive methods would be limit turbo boost max (if turbo) - like above poster mentions. Also, limiting Rev potential with a soft rev protection. Decreasing ignition advance in high rpm / load conditions. Etc. These are usually software controllable on a modern EFI vehicle, but not accessible via a common OBDII type scan tool.

Comment

I'd give them full HP for acceleration, but a top speed limiter at 68 mph, but that goes down when high lateral g's are experienced. The G thang is about windy roads
                              My OLD carputer page
                              My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

Comment

Working...
                              X