X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digimoto Media Edition

Hello Everyone,

http://www.syntaxdesigns.com/media/media.htm

I work with Digimoto and we are in an initial design phase of creating a media edition of Digimoto. These are the current screenshots of what we are considering releasing. We are looking for any thoughts or comments or interests in a product like this. It will have the basic entertainment and navigation features of most in-car touch-screen computers, but the kicker is that you will be able to use Digimoto while it plays your media in the background. Post some feedback!!!
    syntax

The one thing that I really like about this software is the OBDII on it! That is really slick looking! How far along is this program?? And will you be charging for it??
    Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
    GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

What we are planning on doing is finding a price that makes the software virtually free, as most of the cost of a package will be the hardware. We do plan on having a package with a certain type of car computer, but we are not sure yet. As far as progress goes, I am working on the design of it, fixing little things here and there. Once 4.0 is done and released, I do believe if there is enough demand for this product then it will become our next project.
      syntax

Comment

Well, since you want some feedbacks, from the screenshots, it doesn't come close to several frontends in this forum. Road Runner, Frodo Player, Centrafuse are all vastly superior.
        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

That's exactly what kind of feedback we are looking for. It's basically vapor-ware right now, we want to know how to make it better functionality wise and in looks. The main purpose of this is that it has Digimoto's OBDII program plus entertainment. Everyone feel free to make any comments or suggestions on the visuals as well.
          syntax

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
            Well, since you want some feedbacks, from the screenshots, it doesn't come close to several frontends in this forum. Road Runner, Frodo Player, Centrafuse are all vastly superior.
            Yes i completly agree with this statement, the only thing that makes it nice as I mentioned is OBDII. Currently not one front end has this feature. However for the rest of the program it seems still really basic and needs more.

Comment

What we are looking for here is some feedback from people who have used similar systems to give us an idea of what you would want, what you like, do not like in similar systems so we can build a product that is worth your attention.

This project is going to happen ~ but it is still vapor ware, it could be a month or two off yet from completion. The easy part in building a system like this is adding the ability for our software to play movies, the music, even the gps navigation will be a no brainer ~ adding touch screen navigation, voice recognition, allowing the system to verbally communicate with you regarding vehicle information will not be a problem. What we are looking for is feedback strictly related to the user interface.

Perhaps the best way to do this would be to simply release a beta version with the ideas and concepts we already have and just build on the feedback as we go... however, any suggestions or comments regarding the user interface, navigation of the software etc.. would be extremely helpful to us.

Obviously Digimoto's core product will always be OBDII diagnostics... but if we can package all these things into a single product, making it easier for some of our existing customers to utilize all these types of tools or applications we have no problem doing that.

We have been asked by multiple companies that offer in car computer applications to help them integrate an OBDII solution into their systems. This could be a potential route as well ~ but it would probably be much simpler for us to just add these other features to fill this need.
              Joel Konecny
              Digimoto OBDII Diagnostics

Comment

Some of my ideas would be to have user configurable buttons. Sometimes front ends have features that for me I would never user. Also have the ability to open external Apps. And maybe have two skins depending on which side of the car the driver sits so that the buttons are more accessible. Have phone support bluetooth so you can accept calls and send messages from the computer. Just a few ideas off the top of my head

Comment

i bet if you did 1 of 2 things you'd definatly boost sales

option 1: make your app a plugin, IE the gauges and dynos and such, if you could make this part very touchscreen friendly and most importantly skinable.....thats really all you need. People would be all over this skinning it to match their favorite skins in their favorite front end.

option 2: open source it. This is a large open source community, people here love taking control and improving things on their own. I think if you made it open source you'd gain a lot of support. If this is out of the question, please at least go with option 1.
                  PC Components:
                  Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                  My work log

Comment

Since you will be selling the software and packaging it with you own hardware. How do we know that you just won't take all the information we give you and not receive anything back in return? I've seen companies take ideas off this site and use them for commercial purpose with out any compensation to the community.
                    Installed
                    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

yeah, like that goddamn meedio......that made me so mad......i still have a copy of an install of myhtpc, but its kinds slow
                      PC Components:
                      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                      My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro
                        Since you will be selling the software and packaging it with you own hardware. How do we know that you just won't take all the information we give you and not receive anything back in return? I've seen companies take ideas off this site and use them for commercial purpose with out any compensation to the community.
                        I appreciate your concern. Consider that Digimoto has already posted a 10% discount on all purchases made through our website for any members of this forum community ~ asking for feedback regarding potential product development is not something we have done in the past. We will be looking more towards existing customers to offer feedback as they will be the ones who will obviously benefit first from ideas such as the ones you might have. I would have no problem extending further discounts if this community helped us build a great tool. In all instances, our software is virtually free ~ in fact, if you look at the products we currently sell, even our entire packages are cheaper then the hardware you would find selling retail alone. We are always trying to give back as much as possible.

Also note we do offer existing freeware software for OBDII diagnostics (I have posted this on your website as well). Offering a freeware version of this application is also a possibility ~ or perhaps a free version modified for this forum alone. Regardless, a package like this does require hardware (for the OBDII diagnostics and GPS side of things), so offering something completely free would not be possible.

Opening our package as an open source project is just not feasable for us. I am a fan of open source... in fact, I used to spend a lot of time building and supporting open source applications: open source project . But to build a retail level project, it must remain a retail product.

I do appreciate the ideas you guys have already thrown at us and we are already discussing development possibilities now.
                        Joel Konecny
                        Digimoto OBDII Diagnostics

Comment

If you're gonna sell your app, you have to make it significantly better than the ones offered for free here. You should download RR, FP, CF, etc. and try them out for a while. Then improve on their limitations and add more functionalities. Most of us are looking for an all-in-one solution. These are the functionalities we'd want in our car.

- Skinnability (a nice, professionally looking default skin should be provided)
                          - Music
                          - Movies
                          - DVDs
                          - TV
                          _ FM,AM,XM radio
                          - Support for external medias, ie. CD's, USB drives, etc.
                          - GPS (must integrate well with frontend. for example, if a turn is coming up, your app should temporarily switch to a map view)
                          - Integration with cell phone (use carpc as headset, use phone as a modem for Internet)
                          - Use phone and GPS to upload car's location to a central server for tracking purposes.
                          - Wireless (hotspots) support: ability to automatically connect to an open network without user's interaction
                          - Web browser, email client, chat client
                          - Ability to sync up with your home PC anytime you have an Internet connection
                          - Weather, traffic updates. these should be downloaded automatically so that you can read them later when you're offline.
                          - OBDII
                          - Remote-controllable, ie. using Girder, etc.
                          - Ability to embed any external applications
                          - Scriptablilty
                          - plugins, SDK

Those are just some of the basic ones.
                          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Looks nice, I have a Audi 100 -94 so i guess i cant use none of the OBD gadjets?!?
                            80 GIG SATA
                            512MB
                            7 TFT Touch Super
                            Pioner Slot in DVD-RW writer
                            108 Mbit Wireless Lan
                            100 M Bluetooth Range
                            //Power Nisse

My Betasite -> http://haagen.se

Comment

The skin looks very nice, but that's my personal taste. I guess skinability is a must.

Also, you'll have to have all functionality possible (phone, rearviewcam, internet, weather and so on) OR make an easy plugin system with enough communication to the central app to let people develop functions themselves.

Only this way you can compete with existing front-ends...

I'm still waiting for someone to fullfill my wishes as stated here

This is for a commercial project, so the first one building this will get rich
                              List of front-ends/usefull apps
                              XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Working...
                              X