Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie OBD-II

Hi there boys and girls :-)

I been scannin mp3car.com for almost a year now, studdyin, studdyin studdyin and so on :-) it's fantsatic
    I think i only have one question now, only coz i'm a bit ****ed at the moment so i can't be bothered lookin myself,
    I have a 1994 nissan bluebird, does it have an OBD-II plug?? if so where is it??
    .....and just in case someone responds to this,,,I'll do a "I'll give while i take thing" http://www.mooload.com/file.php?file.../DiagWin30.zip

it's an OBD-II software thingy i found if someone wants it.

any help would be much appreciated..

mp3car status::
    mini-Itx: = good
    half brainwork: = good (almost :-))
    hardware: = good
    GPS: = good (and fkn fantastic)
    VGA screen = bad ($)
    power supply = bad ($)
    I'm not sure who I stole my avatar from, but I hope they don't mind, I figured it sums me up perfectly...... a pi$$edIdiot

Pre 1996 vehicles I doubt have OBD-II, and since it's in Australia I dont think it has OBD-II. The connector would be near the steering column usually.
    Fox Mulder
    2004 Toyota MR2
    Modified Intel Xeon E5450 3Ghz Quad Core 2GB RAM 160GB SSD M4ATX Xenarc 700TSV TS Toslink Audio BU353 DiNovo Mini Car2PC ODBII Bluetooth HF 16x2 Character LCD

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i kinda figured that would be the case, but i was just hoping i was wrong, but now that i'm sober, I'll pull my finger out and take a look anywayz.
      I'm not sure who I stole my avatar from, but I hope they don't mind, I figured it sums me up perfectly...... a pi$$edIdiot

Comment

Its not OBD-II compatiable car there are quite afew aussie cars with OBD-II but not yours sorry to say.
        CarPC Status:
        GPS: 99%
        Hardware: 99%
        Software: 92%
        Case Install: 99.9%
        Dash Install: 100%
        Car Install: 72%

Comment

would my 2001 Subaru Liberty (Legacy)
          2.5 Litre RX, Generation 3, have obd II????
          i found a connector kinda thing near the bonnet open lever.. they used it while i took the car to get the keys programmed into the imoboliser, and the guy said they use it for diagnositcs....
          is he just reffereing to obdII or am i lost on this one?
          Current Setup - (as per PC specs on the left)
          Future Setup - Commell LV-677, Dual Core2Duo 1.86ghz, 1gb ram, M2-ATX, Morex Mini-ITX case, Transflective screen

Comment

Originally posted by fire
            would my 2001 Subaru Liberty (Legacy)
            2.5 Litre RX, Generation 3, have obd II????
            i found a connector kinda thing near the bonnet open lever.. they used it while i took the car to get the keys programmed into the imoboliser, and the guy said they use it for diagnositcs....
            is he just reffereing to obdII or am i lost on this one?
            OBDII is one of many forms diagnositcs. So not quiet sure. (seems to me that it's a US only standard)

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
            CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
            Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by ramy_zohair
              OBDII is one of many forms diagnositcs. So not quiet sure. (seems to me that it's a US only standard)
              I think some JDM cars have it. IIRC the Soarer has it.
              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

your scooby will have it
                and you can go one better and download TARI
                www.tari.co.za
                it uses the subaru protocol and is much faster and feature rich than obd

tari is aimed at WRX but a scoob is a scoob
                Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

2002 Magna

What about my 2002 mitsubishi magna EI (aus made)????

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
                  CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
                  Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by ramy_zohair
                    What about my 2002 mitsubishi magna EI (aus made)????
                    There are issues there, I dont really know. I think the exports to N.america have it. If you really want to know things about a magna i suggest you join the The Australian Magna Club. Some of those guys even work for Mitsubishi and can really help you out alot.
                    Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
                    *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
                    *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

Vehicle Interface

Indeed, my understanding is that the OBD-II interface is a post-1996 requirement set forth by the U.S. government. As in, all cars from 1996-onward that are sold in the United States are required to conform to a specific set of data standards that is uniform across all auto makers.

Other countries might have similar requirements, but these requirements might not be the same standard as OBD-II.

But that said, ALL cars sold within the last 10 years will have some kind of data interface-- These days it's a necessary element of diagnosing vehicle problems, and all cars will have them.

In fact, I'd bet most cars from the late 80's-onward have some kind of data interface. As noted, it wasn't until 1996 that U.S. law mandated a standardized format, but most cars had something, even if it wasn't OBD-II. My 1990 Geo Prizm GSi hatchback (aka Toyota Corolla clone; a Corolla "Seca" 'down under), for instance, does have a data interface located in the engine bay labeled, "Diagnosis".

Comment

Nissan have had their own kind of OBD for ages called consult, the main reason I'm building a car PC is to be able to monitor my cars ECU (an 89 300zx). You'll probably find the connector near the hood release, here's some info: http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/consult_if.shtml

Comment

Subaru liberty 1996

where would a find the OBD-II plug on my car if it has one? if it dosnt what can i do to get stuff like speeds rpm and engine temp onto my computer?

Comment

From SiliconChip Feb 2010... "All new cars sold in Australia from 2006 onwards are required to comply with the Australian Design Rules (ADR) to include On-Board Diag*nostics. This is called OBDII...".

The above is "public" and is from A Look At Automotive On-Board Diagnostics.
                            See also An OBDII Interface For A Laptop Computer.

Both the above are from Silicon Chip magazine, Issue 257, February 2010.

Places like Jaycar often have back copies (and at reduced prices!).

I should have a copy somewhere in my shiles of pit.
                            It may give insight as to what cars have OBD in Oz. (And whether it is called UBD = Under-Board Diagnostics. ... down-under ... get it? And before any of you anti-Coriolis hemisphere residents shut pit on my humour, may I quote a recent movie... "Orstralians... they shoot things don't they?"!)

Comment

Originally posted by monkers View Post
                              where would a find the OBD-II plug on my car if it has one? if it dosnt what can i do to get stuff like speeds rpm and engine temp onto my computer?
                              Hi monkers,
                              On your car there will be a yellow connector underneath the steering column. It isn't OBD-II either I'm afraid. The only affordable scanner that I know of that works with your car is www.ecudatascan.com

Thanks,
                              Rezista

Comment

Working...
                              X