Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProScan 4.0 Released

Hey everyone,
    Its been a busy few months, but we have finally released ProScan 4.0. I know that many of you on this forum are using ProScan, so if you are running an older version you will definitely want to upgrade to 4.0.

If you don't already own ProScan, we have an unbelievable sale taking place right now. (We usually honor a $5 mp3car member discount, but please note that it does not apply to the current sale as it is the lowest price we have ever offered!)

The user interface has been improved upon drastically and is much more intuitive. Also, MANY new features have been added, once again proving our dedication to maintaining ProScan as the most advanced software available for ELM-based hardware.

I hope that this thread can be used to discuss ProScan 4.0 as well as request additional features.

Let us know how we're doing, and how we can continue to improve ProScan.

Thanks,
    David Gore
    Developer of ProScan
    http://www.MyScanTool.com

Ordered mine yesterday.
    2003 F-150 Harley Davidson Edition
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The horse is here to stay, but the automobile is only a novelty - a fad." --- Marshall Ferdinand Foch, French military strategist, 1911

Comment

Does your software support CarPal Bluetooth OBDII adapter (http://www.vitalengineering.co.uk/) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wast
        Does your software support CarPal Bluetooth OBDII adapter (http://www.vitalengineering.co.uk/) ?
        Not at this time. We are always looking to improve our software, however, so we may include support for it in the near future. Just keep an eye on our web site.

Thanks,
        David Gore
        Developer of ProScan
        http://www.MyScanTool.com

Comment

Does this work with the Br-3 from obddiagnostics.com ?
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I ordered one yesterday.. still haven't heard when it will ship or replies to my questions sent via there support site.

Comment

I just received mine yesterday (4/10/2006) after placing the order on 3/27/2006.
              2003 F-150 Harley Davidson Edition
              -----------------------------------------------
              "The horse is here to stay, but the automobile is only a novelty - a fad." --- Marshall Ferdinand Foch, French military strategist, 1911

Comment

Mine should be here today. Hopefully

Comment

I submitted an order through the myscantool.com website on April 30, 2006.

This email confirms that you have paid Gore Research ([email protected]) $98.00 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *GORERESERCH".

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents
                  Item Name: ProScan ISO OBD-II Scan Tool
                  Item Number: 201
                  Quantity: 1
                  Total: $89.99 USD

Cart Subtotal: $89.99 USD
                  Shipping: $8.01 USD
                  Sales Tax:
                  Cart Total: $98.00 USD
                  To date I still have not received a single communication from them verifying that they had received my order, or any tracking information.

I submitted a ticket via their online support system on May 2, 2006 to request shipping information, which i amended on May 4, 2006. This ticket has gone unanswered.

It has now been over one full week and I have not received a reply from myscantool.com or Gore Research to indicate that they have shipped my unit and software. Anyone have any advice/experience they could share when dealing with this company's ****poor customer service?

Comment

Originally posted by relidl
                    Anyone have any advice/experience they could share when dealing with this company's ****poor customer service?
                    Yes, be weary of these types of companies based on other's experiences...

Originally posted by gold007eye
                    I ordered one yesterday.. still haven't heard when it will ship or replies to my questions sent via there support site.
                    On a serious note - I'm not sure if there's much you can do. It seems there have been tons of reports on these forums for ODB companies that have come on here advertising their products, just to fade away later on with everyone's money.

Good luck with your order, hopefully you'll be receiving it within about 2-3 weeks based on the other ppl's purchase/receive dates listed here.
                    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
                      Yes, be weary of these types of companies based on other's experiences...

On a serious note - I'm not sure if there's much you can do. It seems there have been tons of reports on these forums for ODB companies that have come on here advertising their products, just to fade away later on with everyone's money.

Good luck with your order, hopefully you'll be receiving it within about 2-3 weeks based on the other ppl's purchase/receive dates listed here.

He is a one man show.. I ordered mine and got mine about 12 days later. However for the price youc ant beat it.

I agree communication could be better but you will get it. I was part of a group of 5 who ordered and the longest took 14 days. We all got our product.
                      -Jack
                      2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
                      Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

Comment

This is what it took for me to get someone to acknowledge that I / my order existed:

Code:

Complaint Details 
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
                        Transaction ID: 
                         6B174379KC247xxxx 
                        Seller Name: 
                         Gore Research 
                        Seller Email: 
                         [email protected] 
                        Transaction Amount: 
                         -$162.00 USD 
                        Transaction Date: 
                         Apr. 4, 2006 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
                        PayPal Case ID: 
                         PP-156-791-763 
                        Reason for Dispute: 
                         Non-receipt 
                        Buyer's Comments: 
                         I don't wish to receive my money back. I would just like to have the item shipped to me. I have tried contacting the seller NUMEROUS times with NO response. I was referred to them from the MP3car.com forums so I figured they would be a reputable company. Maybe I am wrong. No communication to a customer seems like poor business practice to me. I have left "trouble tickets" through their website support system and they haven't even been looked at. Have their been any other complaints about the company? They are advertising their new product then not giving any customer support. Is there a phone number I can contact them at? Again. I just want the item shipped to me and to be given a tracking number so I know when to expect it. I figure maybe if I file a complaint they will actually acknowledge that I exist. Regards, Jason Boney  
                        Date of Complaint: 
                         Apr. 7, 2006
                        And this was the response I received back after having to file a complaint with paypal:

Code:
                        It is a little overboard that you have only had an order placed for three days, and have already filed a complaint. Generally, packages do not ship/pricess 24-48 hours after an order has been placed, and then 3-5 days for the post office to get it to you.

Please drop the complaint, your package has been mailed. Be fair. Our business, and us personally are in the process of moving, that is why you did not get a repsonse to your "ticket."

Your delivery confirmation number - you should have it from USPS as well - is:
                        Oh yeah FYI the Tracking number they gave me wasn't even the right one. It was a battle trying to get the info from the Post Office because it was incorrect.

You will get the product. They are just real slow @$$e$ about it. You would think they would speed things up if they wanted repeat business. I don't believe they could still be "moving" over a month later; so post up the excuses they give you if you ever hear from them. I have ordered tons of stuff online and received it in a much better timely fashion (even from California I received stuff faster than this company). Good luck. Let us now how it goes.

Comment

Considering that the ProScan guy hasn't logged onto these forums in over a month, and the lack of support - makes me not want to do business with them.

With support and communication like that - I hope none of you need Customer Support in the future if problems arise. Good luck and keep us posted everyone, I'm interested to see how long it takes...
                          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

If it wasn't for the price I would suggest going elsewhere. He also wouldn't honor the $5 MP3Car forum discount either.

Comment

does it work with:
                              http://www.auteltech.com/dia.htm
                              Car: Peugeot 106
                              Monitor: K500
                              Carputer: Acer Travelmate 661Lmi
                              Front-end: RoadRunner
                              Skin: Simplistique by LLOYDY
                              Navigation: iGuidance 2.1.2 Europe, embedded with iGlaunch
                              GPS: BU-353 USB

▬▬▬30%▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comment

Working...
                              X