Ford Enhanced PIDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Enhanced PIDs

Is there anyone out there that has a list of Ford's enhanced pids for diagnostics. I have a scan tool that will not update the pids at a rate that I would like so I would like to use my own tool to request the pids at my own rate, but I don't need all of them just a couple. So if there is anyone who has a list or can point me in the right direction that would be very useful.
    Hack your car's CAN BUS at www.canbushack.com

www.fordcds.com used to have some useful stuff. I don't think it's up anymore.

Also try looking up ford at www.isohunt.com.

Lukeyson

Comment

what u need in return?
      View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Hello NissanFreak,
        Yep, we are pretty keen on getting our hands on it, please give us an idea....

We would highly appreciate it.

Kind regards,
        Beanie.
        F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

http://obdpros.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1184738626 has some info on the pid's and scaling

Paul
          www.obdpros.com

Comment

l found something, this any good?
            Attached Files
            View My Blog

Comment

I may have stumbled on something for the B series fords..
              how do you recieve the hex value from the obd port??
              View My Blog

Comment

Sorry, i'm new to this part of things. I've got an 06 mazda 6. you saying you have (or can get) software that will allow me to edit the entire programming of my ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by NissanFreak
                  I need those software from obdscan.net. I can decode their software easily. Only took me few days with their free ford enhance software. Give me the software and i will give back useful result to this community. They have GM and Mazda propretiary data and i can decode it for you guys.
                  what pids are you stuck on,
                  I might be able to help
                  View My Blog

Comment

Hi NissanFreak

I am looking for ford enhanced pids,
                    like position of the gear, status of the steering wheel radio controls, status of the doors and lamps.

Is there any way you could give these to me or share it with us?

Just like many others, i am going to replace the factory cd with a car pc and the steering wheel control would be very nice to be.

By the way i have a Ford Focus II this year model.

Your help would be very appreciated by all of us.

Regards

Comment

I know m8, sure you have other things to do,
                      i am a working man also.

By the way, if you could just give me or us a documentation not a whole program,
                      just to know those pids and the addresses of the ECUs we could address and query
                      to get those pids would be very nice, i am a programmer and i can make my own
                      program to deal with those pids.

Best regards
                      -=LTi=-

Comment

Hi All,

I'm trying to properly understand the document attached with the ford enhanced PID's and their scaling.

Based on some previous research I did for TFT (Trans fluid temp), I was able to figure out the scaling for that value, and it does not seem to match what is in the document. So, either I'm misunderstanding the document, or the scaling is wrong.

Here's my original post about the topic over on scantool.net.

In brief, if I request the TFT data (PID 0x1674) the 8th and 9th bytes are 0x01 0xBB, which my scan tool and software tells me is 55.4F. According to the poster in the thread linked above, the correct scaling is to evaluate those two bytes as a single value, and simply divide by 8 to get the value. I.E. 0x01 0xBB = 443. 443 / 8 = 55.375

Now, the document tells me to evaluate byte 4, and multiply it by 31.25. The 4th byte is 0x10 or 16. 16 * 31.25 = 500.

What am I doing wrong?

SEND: 17 C4 10 F1 22 16 74 A1
                        RECV: 09 C4 F1 10 62 16 74 01 BB ED
                        '99 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
                        CarPC Progress ~= 97%. Everything is installed, and operational. Still need to tweak and tune, and do some "finish" fabrication.
                        CarPC Project Web Site

SpaceNavigatorDriver SourceForge Project

Check out my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by cherrybomb View Post
                          In brief, if I request the TFT data (PID 0x1674) the 8th and 9th bytes are 0x01 0xBB, which my scan tool and software tells me is 55.4F. According to the poster in the thread linked above, the correct scaling is to evaluate those two bytes as a single value, and simply divide by 8 to get the value. I.E. 0x01 0xBB = 443. 443 / 8 = 55.375
                          The poster in the other thread is correct -- his procedure to calculate TFT in degrees F works. He seems like a smart guy.

The document in this thread meant the fourth byte past the header, but that would be wrong because TFT returns two bytes and the conversion is bogus. I wondered if the author meant to divide by 31.25 as a crude approximation of TFT in degrees celsius, but even that would be hard to believe. Sorry! Doesn't look like there's much useful there.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyoravec View Post
                            The poster in the other thread is correct -- his procedure to calculate TFT in degrees F works. He seems like a smart guy.

The document in this thread meant the fourth byte past the header, but that would be wrong because TFT returns two bytes and the conversion is bogus. I wondered if the author meant to divide by 31.25 as a crude approximation of TFT in degrees celsius, but even that would be hard to believe. Sorry! Doesn't look like there's much useful there.
                            HAHA! Yes, "that guy" seems to be on every board I am, and fairly active as well. Definitely a smart guy!

That post over on scantool.net is over a year old, and I now have my CarPC installed, and I'm actually able to mess around with this. In the time between then and now, I've been trying to get some sort of definitive document with the enhanced PID's and their scaling, but to no avail.

I don't understand why this is such secret information. I even had a few long calls with my local Ford dealer, and a couple Ford tech lines with no success. Most of them had no idea what I was talking about.

At least, it looks as though this document might have accurate PID's, but not the correct scaling. *sigh*

Also, I saw some hints that this data might be in the service manual, but I have it, on CD, and can't seem to find the data. Just the PID's by name, with no scaling.

This data can't really be that top secret, can it?

I guess I'll just have to keep asking for the correct scaling for each new value I want to evaluate. Seems lame though. *shrug*
                            '99 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
                            CarPC Progress ~= 97%. Everything is installed, and operational. Still need to tweak and tune, and do some "finish" fabrication.
                            CarPC Project Web Site

SpaceNavigatorDriver SourceForge Project

Check out my blog.

Comment

does anyone have the GM enhanced PID list???

Comment

Working...
                              X