Vag-Com users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vag-Com users

Anyone using the VW/Audi specific software in their CarPCs?

If so, do you have it embedded in any of the front ends?

And how is it on the touch screen?

Tia!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

i've got vag-com embeded in CF, useless on the touchscreen...the boxes you need to check are small...stylus yes...finger no.
    ...you know, that guy...

Comment

that's what I was thinking, thanks for the info!
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

my take: many of the functions work just fine, even with finger. i.e. clearing ECU codes is no problem at all. now...if you're going to try and graph stuff, that'll be a pain the *** without a stylus/mouse.

Comment

yup stylus is needed other than that its a very very good programme for all of the vag group cars

Comment

I used it for a bit previous to the Car PC. I since got out of the whole VW scene, but now that I have found the cable again, I'm interested in reactivating the software.

I bought the program and cable from another individual about 3 years ago.

I know that Vag has some crazy activation protocol that you have to go through to uninstall and then reinstall on a new computer.

Does anyone know the exact details of this? Can I pay for it once and have it installed on my laptop AND the CarPC (that way I can utilize the more advanced features via laptop if need be)?

Thanks in advance for the info guys!
            Jan Bennett

Comment

i know the ones they sell now have the activation business built into the dongle, so you can use iit on different PCs but i don't know about what you have
              My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

yes if you have the proper vagcom,you can reinstall ,if you have to format for any reason you can reactivate the software as you did on ya laptop,as long as you have bought& you own the license key then you can put it on as many pc's as you like as long as the the code is legitimate & tallies up the with the dongle your laffin ,you paid for it 'its yours to do what you want .ihave mine on 6 pc's laptop /3 pc,s at home& 3 in the other garages computers i work from.the chip inside the dongle has a hex key to read the serial activation code ,so your cool& thunderbirds are go ! F.A.B !.if you need to know anything further iknow the score with vagcom.goodluck

Comment

Hi there...

I am form South Africa, the only place where you can get a brand new mk1 golf!

Well CarPC's are very very rare here i would like to learn more about it.

We have alot of VW's and i would like to learn more on the VAGCom software and the easiest way to get the info from the OBDII port.

What cable would i have to use?

Megesh Govender

Comment

megesh - this forum is full of useful information and this nifty little thing called a search function. You can find that at the top of this page.

As for the software, I'd suggest searching for the companies web site or just follow this link: http://www.vag-com.com/

(btw - you get the cable from them too)
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

thanks for the quick response, i have read quite a few of the topics here, just not a lot of them cover the VAG-com...

thanks for your help...

Comment

Working...
                      X