Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opel Tech2

First up Hi I'm new

I'm trying to use Opel tech2 to clear fault codes on a 98 Vauxhall Astra, when i connect up the cable to the car and the laptops rs232 port it trys to comunicate with the car then says connection unsuccessful, I have tried with the ignition on and with the car running with no success
    I have noticed in the software window it says baud rate 10400 and windows xp wont let you set the baud rate to that
    Have also tried several different softwares on 3 different laptops and still it wont work. Also tried on the Vauxhall Opel forums for help but no luck so far
    Is there any way of making this thing work?

Thanks

J

Hi,

Have you resolved your problem getting the TECH2 to work, as I am having the same problem with getting it to work on my 2000 Vectra?

Comment

Hi,
      My friend I am new in Tech 2,today first time I test it
      it give report in of Diagnotics in Hungary language,If i select english
      what will that result of Report of Dignotics English

Comment

Hi

No, still won't work and no one seems to know the answer, if you get yours to work let me know how

J

Comment

Opel TECH2 Software Baud Problem

Originally posted by ashtray View Post
          First up Hi I'm new

I'm trying to use Opel tech2 to clear fault codes on a 98 Vauxhall Astra, when i connect up the cable to the car and the laptops rs232 port it trys to comunicate with the car then says connection unsuccessful, I have tried with the ignition on and with the car running with no success
          I have noticed in the software window it says baud rate 10400 and windows xp wont let you set the baud rate to that
          Have also tried several different softwares on 3 different laptops and still it wont work. Also tried on the Vauxhall Opel forums for help but no luck so far
          Is there any way of making this thing work?

Thanks

J
          Hi I am informed that this is usually caused by using a Serial To USB converter cable with your tech2 interface. Im not sure if it is a hardware or driver issue, I will try to find out soon. Some Serial to USB converter cables will work, but it is hit and miss to find one that does.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, turned out my interface was faulty, it works perfectly now

Comment

Hello,

Wich interface was faulty, your Tech2 'clone' or simply the rs232 port ?

Since then, have you tried 'TIS2000' software with success with your tech2
              or only the hungarian flakey software ?

T.I.A. GG.

Comment

I think that there is some confusion in this thread.

Tech2 is the name of the GM hand-held tool which enables access to the GM range of ECU's.

There are also a number of vendor's selling a product which is badged as Tech2, but is actually a PC-based interface for the GM range. I think some are talking about one, and some about the other.

There are a number of faulty "Tech2" products for sale, and USB-Serial convertor's of the correct type are absolutely essential. Best bet is to source from a supplier with a good reputation - they will advise you what is best for your vehicle.

Gareth

Comment

Help Please

Hiya.. I've read the threads on this post and I'm also confused..

I have the Astra 2000 Model 1.4 16x LS Model

And I'm looking to buy a "Tech 2"

I would rather have one that I can use my laptop with as I've heard this is much cheaper

I found one on Ebay -
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Opel-Vauxhall-...QQcmdZViewItem

Could someone have a look at this, and let me know if this is the right product for me please?

I need to read Fault Codes and Clear them..

Also can the InSP light be re-set using this device back to the (Service @ 10,000 miles)?

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

The tool you are looking at is appropriate for your vehicle, please ensure you check in detail with the vendor as there are a significant number of faulty versions of this tool in the marketplace.

You also need to check that you have a serial port on your laptop, otherwise you will also require a USB-Serial convertor. If you're vendor is unable to supply I would suggest that you look at this one, as we have tested it extensively with the Vauxhall test tool.

It does not reset service lights, if you need to do that you need to source an additional tool, we supply this one.

I hope this helps - I know its all pretty confusing!

Gareth

Comment

Hi, Thanks for replying so quickly

Does the Tech2 link that I included reset anything at all?

For the sake of 40 I can live without the service light lol

Comment

Tech 2

Hi,

The product will reset MIL lights and airbag on some models.

It really depends on what it is under the casing, there are a variety of products that look like this, but function differently.

Gareth

Comment

Cheers again m8

What product would you recommend to someone?

I would prefer something simple. which reads & clears pretty much all codes.

I looked @ the product from yourself for the Service Light Reset, I'm interested in that one too tho

Would prefer to spend under or around 100 in total, not too much more tho

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

The Opel reader does work well, however the software is frankly not as good as the hardware, and some error codes are displayed in Hungarian.

We are currently working on a software update for this tool, but it does offer fantastic functionality for the money - as long as you can put up with slightly buggy software!

Gareth

Comment

Hi im new to this so hopefully someone can help. My partner works on cars and purchased this item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECH2-Diagnost...QQcmdZViewItem to try out on his laptop the connection on the laptop does not suit the product and i cant get the software installed does anyone what type of operating system is needed for this sofware and what i need to get to suit the connection i would be grateful for any help, thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X