Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing your ECU

Hi all,
    I noticed a few people asking about if there was anything that wasn't expensive that would allow you to flash your ECU. Then answer is Yes, its free!

check out: http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
    (no i'm not from openecu)

I had some other links that included where to buy cheap connectors to hook up your carpc to your laptop but i cant find them at the moment. If anyone can find some please post.

openecu.org has free flashing software but it only works with Subaru and Mitsubishi.

Comment

Originally posted by wi77iam View Post
      openecu.org has free flashing software but it only works with Subaru and Mitsubishi.
      Plus... In general, not all ECUs are flashable.
      :: Mark

Comment

All good replies. Though on the subject of OpenECU, it's not quite free, or rather, you'll need a cable. I don't think it's a straight through. I believe there's some voltage conversion going on to get program the flash in addition to the USB serial port.

I actually have a car that this applies to and I have the factory ecu reprogrammer, I wanted to use my cable as it's the same for the most part, but I couldn't get any details. (I can't just use the factory reprogrammer as I also need a DRBIII which is around $3000)

When my schedule clears up, I'm getting the cable and will be working on some OS software for it.

Regardless, if it applies to your car, $89 for a cable is a great friggin deal as you can use it for diagnostics as well. For instance, on OBDII, I get maybe 10samples a second, some of the guys are getting well over 200 a second using the cable and evoscan.

Plus there are many more parameters to read then would normally be exposed via OBDII.
        GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

i flashed my ecu once..

got slapped with indecent exposure..

anyway, i wouldnt suggest anyone flashes their ecu, get someone qualified to do it, u dont wanna screw the ecu up +_+, then ur car dont work

Comment

Working...
          X