Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P0441 Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • P0441 Error

    I used OBDPros and the result was

    P0441 : Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect
    Purge Flow

    can anyone tell what can I do?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Do you have a VW?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

    Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

    Comment


    • #3
      something as simple as a loose gas cap could cause this, but as cheekz185 mentioned knowing the make model year or your vehicle might help narrow down the possibilities

      Comment


      • #4
        my girlfriends '99 VW Passat had the same error code. I figured out where the problem was coming from. its called a purge valve.

        This is what it looks like:


        It is located in the engine bay near the airbox/air filter. Very easy to replace!
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant
        Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

        Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
        OPUS ITX PC Case

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't expect to have that quick response, Thanks guys.

          My car is Eclipse 02 4 Cylinder, and sometimes check engine comes up and go back. I didn't see anycrash around the gas cap.

          you suggest me to change the gas cap. and purge valve.

          If I'm running my car, it does't damage it.

          Comment


          • #6
            i have an 02 Galant.... We have the same engine and chassis. Try tightening your gas cap...My check engine light comes on when it is not tight enough!
            2002 Mitsubishi Galant
            Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

            Carputer Specs:
            Via M10K
            512mb Ram
            60GB HDD
            Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
            OPUS ITX PC Case

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks, I will try it. hopefuly it works.

              Comment


              • #8
                and beside that, on my ford turus 98, I have p0156 , what can be wrong with it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by antilife View Post
                  I didn't expect to have that quick response, Thanks guys.

                  My car is Eclipse 02 4 Cylinder, and sometimes check engine comes up and go back. I didn't see anycrash around the gas cap.

                  you suggest me to change the gas cap. and purge valve.

                  If I'm running my car, it does't damage it.
                  Originally posted by Cheekz185 View Post
                  i have an 02 Galant.... We have the same engine and chassis. Try tightening your gas cap...My check engine light comes on when it is not tight enough!
                  I've got an 02 Sebring Coupe which is also on the same platform, probably the gas cap.

                  As an aside, list of OBDII codes for the 2.4 and 3.0s can be found here.

                  Also, somewhere on club3g.com, there is a link to an online version of the eclipse factory service manuals, complete with pics and diagnostic procedures .
                  GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by antilife View Post
                    and beside that, on my ford turus 98, I have p0156 , what can be wrong with it.
                    I think that's your 02 sensor, those are pretty easy to replace once you locate them, I would check at alldata online they should have a detailed description of the error code with a location for the sensor. I am pretty sure that it's an o2 sensor but do not know what the exact location is on your vehicle.

                    Paul
                    www.obdpros.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      first of all AAA+++ for OBDPro.com because of it's excellent hardware, I bought from them couple days ago. (( I didn't these check engine by that hardware ))

                      I did tight up the gas cap, and indeed it work and now I don't have check engine lit on. Thanks guys.

                      But for ford I don't know what I have to do exactly ?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by antilife View Post
                        first of all AAA+++ for OBDPro.com because of it's excellent hardware, I bought from them couple days ago. (( I didn't these check engine by that hardware ))

                        I did tight up the gas cap, and indeed it work and now I don't have check engine lit on. Thanks guys.

                        But for ford I don't know what I have to do exactly ?
                        Thank you for your kind words, I love it when people like our products...

                        Re the ford, your error code indicates that it is a bad 02 sensor, but I am not sure on where your sensor is located on the vehicle. googling for the error code shows this discussion

                        http://www.f150online.com/forums/arc...hp/t-4667.html

                        I would talk to a local murrays auto store and they should be able to help you identify the location of the 02 sensor on your vehicle.

                        Paul

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          2003 PT with stalling and error code P0441

                          I have an 03 that has started stalling- manual transmission- and has popped an error code P0441. It goes off and comes back on. I thought I had fixed the problem by replacing the gas cap as it went off for about 2 months- but the light decided to visit me again last night. The car has a bit of a rough idle....can it all be related and if so, what is recommended to look at for a fix?

                          Thanks!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X