Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to figure out OBD ii connections

Hi Folks,

Im new at this carputer concepts, but decided to try my hand at it. I have some questions regarding the OBD ii conections.

Here is an idea of my setup.

1. ITX mobo.
    2. Centrafuse 4.1
    3. Touch screen.
    4. Drive a suzuki swift

Now i want to get the OBD readings from my car.

1. what hardware do i need to connect the onboard computer to my car pc?
    2. Will centrafuse support the OBD ii reading or do i need to have another software running?

Please give me your valuable comments on this.

Thanks a ton and appreciate your help.

Regards

Viren

What year is your swift and was it made for the US market?

Centrafuse will support all ELM327 compatible interfaces so it will be able to get the OBD readings provided you get a compatible interface, but the interfaces require an OBD II compatible vehicle (all 1996 and newer vehicles in the US will support OBD II)

I make an interface that works with centrafuse. Check out www.obdpros.com

Paul
    www.obdpros.com

Comment

Hi Mich,

Thanks for your reply, My car is a 2005 model swift. Do japenese cars follow the ELM327 standars?

Comment

Well, I have a Mazda6 JDM specs (CAN bus protocol) and the ELM327 works perfectly. Now if I could only find some open source VB OBDII software it would be great.
        The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by virengoyal View Post
          Hi Mich,

Thanks for your reply, My car is a 2005 model swift. Do japenese cars follow the ELM327 standars?
          Typically Japanese cars sold in the US before 2006 generally use the ISO9141 protocol, this is supported by the OBDPros interface.

Paul
          www.obdpros.com

Comment

thanks once i figure out what connection and protocols my car runs on...ill will try and figure out my next step. Just recieved delivery of the MOBO...back to the test bench to get things running...Wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by virengoyal View Post
              thanks once i figure out what connection and protocols my car runs on...ill will try and figure out my next step. Just recieved delivery of the MOBO...back to the test bench to get things running...Wish me luck
              hi there.. did you get you OBD working on your swift?

Comment

Working...
              X