Used car & OBDpro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car & OBDpro

I'm going to by a used, 2002, and I have OBDpro, A+ seller, because I will buy it from a person not dealership, I want to inspect it before I pay for it.

I know, you can do Emission Test by OBD II but how?

and is there any other suggestion that may can help to get healthier engine by scaning OBD II.

Thanks.
    Anti-life

Originally posted by antilife View Post
    I'm going to by a used, 2002, and I have OBDpro, A+ seller, because I will buy it from a person not dealership, I want to inspect it before I pay for it.

I know, you can do Emission Test by OBD II but how?

and is there any other suggestion that may can help to get healthier engine by scaning OBD II.

Thanks.
    Anti-life
    The Emissions test using OBDII pretty much just cehcks that there are no error codes and that the OBD II system is working properly.

A quick way would be to just do a test drive for approx 15-20 minutes. Check the OBD II error codes before and after the test and if you have none, you are probably pretty assured that the car would pass emissions.

Paul
    www.obdpros.com

Comment

so they don't check O2 sensors or anything else. and basicaly you say, they just do kind of check engine. it seems silly. I heard they check sensors by obd ii.

beside that, is there any way to check used car about being healthy or not, (( any suggested way ? ))

Comment

Originally posted by antilife View Post
        so they don't check O2 sensors or anything else. and basicaly you say, they just do kind of check engine. it seems silly. I heard they check sensors by obd ii.

beside that, is there any way to check used car about being healthy or not, (( any suggested way ? ))
        Well the OBDII system would return a malfunctioning O2 sensor so yes that does get checked.

Comment

Working...
        X