Open Source OBDII scanner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source OBDII scanner

I have just updated my open source AVR based OBDII scanner to have a bootloader. This allows users to update the firmware very easy through the USB connection. Note that Microchip(PIC) version already has a firmware update feature.

I will be adding support for PWM and other protocols here in the next few weeks. I will also work on updating the website to include more documentation about protocols.

Trampas
    http://www.sterntech.com/obdii.php

Progress

I love your device. Never noticed anything change in the repository though. What's going on?

Comment

Unfortunately, the hardware is too expensive for what the device does. You can buy a commercial off-the-shelf scanner that has more features, for less than it would cost you to build the Stern Tech.
      OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
      Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

OBD II - Protocols

That's the thing. I built myself two of them but since the other protocols never got implimented, I never had a chance to use it with my car.

Comment

The hardware is expensive (if you buy from him, build it into your own project and it's cheap), but the code is what's awesome about it. Just a shame it was never completed.
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

Working...
          X