Issue with cygwin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with cygwin

I ditched Ubuntu on my eeePC and put XP back on because Bluetooth was having horrible problems. Trying to compile under cygwin and get this:

[email protected] /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/obdgpslogger/build
    $ make
    [ 11%] Built target ckobdinfo
    [ 15%] Built target cksqlite
    [ 19%] Built target ckobdconfigfile
    [ 23%] Building C object src/logger/CMakeFiles/obdgpslogger.dir/main.o
    /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/obdgpslogger/src/logger/main.c: In function `main':
    /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/obdgpslogger/src/logger/main.c:446: error: storage size of 'starttime' isn't known
    /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/obdgpslogger/src/logger/main.c:447: error: storage size of 'endtime' isn't known
    /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/obdgpslogger/src/logger/main.c:448: error: storage size of 'selecttime' isn't known
    make[2]: *** [src/logger/CMakeFiles/obdgpslogger.dir/main.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [src/logger/CMakeFiles/obdgpslogger.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Did I forget to install a package or something?

I think you need to add
    Code:
    #include <sys/time.h>
    To main.h. Probably around line 55 or so [near all the other system #includes]

Lemme know if that fixes it. I haven't actually tested on cygwin in a while, so other teething problems may appear. Please let me know

Gary (-;
    OBDGPSLogger, for logging OBDII and/or GPS data
    OBDSim, an OBDII/ELM327 software simulator
    mp3car forums: obdgpslogger, obdsim

Comment

Yep that fixed it. Next gcc proceeded to complain about cfsetspeed not being defined on line 280 of logger\obdserial.c . I replaced that call with one to cfsetispeed and another one to cfsetospeed, both before tcsetattr, which compiled. Then I got an error about addrinfo not being defined somewhere in the simulator source, which I proceeded to just remove from src\ for now. Gonna go try it on the car and see if cfsetispeed/cfsetospeed is a good substitute for cfsetspeed ...

Comment

addrinfo only appears in the socket sim generator; you can disable OBD_SIMGEN_SOCKET to make it not compile that module. In future I'll make it check for that before attempting to compile it.

Gary (-;

Comment

Hooray I got data! Looks like cfsetispeed/cfsetospeed at least didn't break anything.

Looks like my car only supports a small subset of commands known to obdgpslogger:
          1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS - temp, rpm, vss, maf, throttlepos

Now, to find more commands! I'll make a post if/when that happens Thanks for the help.

Comment

Woo! I commited changes to svn so this will work in future.

That list of commands looks suspiciously similar to the set that I log by default, rather than the list of commands supported by your car.

Run obdgpslogger with the "-p" option to get a list of all the commands your car supports. You can then configure which columns you actually want to log with the log_columns parameter in the config file [man 5 dot-obdgpslogger], or with the --log-columns command-line parameter.

Gary (-;

Comment

Oh snap, that's awesome!

Comment

I do my best :-D

Really, lemme know how it goes. I absolutely get my warm fuzzies from seeing people using my stuff, so post screenshots or something!

Gary (-;

Comment

Fix in svn now: If the getaddrinfo symbol can't be found, don't build the socket generator.

This fixes the problem where there's a compilation error in the bowels of obdsim on cygwin.

Gary (-;

Comment

Sweet, thanks for all your hard work.

Here's a screen shot with the -p option for my 97 Lumina:

And my 98 Corvette:

This is on a Eee PC 901 with a 50$ generic eBay bluetooth OBD-II scanner.

Comment

Awesome. So to choose what you want to log [while testing], run obdgpslogger with something like [for example]:
                      Code:
                      --log-columns load_pct,rpm,map
                      When you decide you want that permanantly, edit /etc/obdgpslogger [or $HOME/.obdgpslogger - look at man dot-obdgpslogger for details] and put in a line like:
                      Code:
                      log_columns=load_pct,rpm,temp,map
                      Note that you can also add this line to your config file to save some typing:
                      Code:
                      obddevice=/dev/com2
                      Gary (-;

Comment

Is there any reason no to log all possible columns at all times?

Comment

Columns are sampled one at a time, and depending on your device, you're looking at maybe 20 samples per second.

So, sure. Sample everything, but keep in mind you can only sample one row at most per second if you sample 20 things. For my shame, obdgpslogger also considers a row to be sampled instantaneously, so if you sample lots of things, keep in mind that the columns at the end may *actually* be at a significantly different time to the columns at the start.

Also, some of those values won't change, ever, so logging them feels wasteful. For example, in your corvette, obdsup, o2sloc should never change.

.. in conclusion, suck-it-and-see. Log everything if you like :-)

Gary (-;

Comment

Working...
                          X