Adding vehicle specific gauges & related OBD/ELM327 questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding vehicle specific gauges & related OBD/ELM327 questions

I am interested in adding Prius specific gauges and setting up for listening only mode because I would like to try to share the OBD connector with the ScanGauge using a Y cable.

It looks like to add new gauges I would append the 5 files obdservicecommands.h, obdrevconvertfunctions.h and .c, and obdconvertfunctions.h and .c, right?

Once the new gauges are added, how do I set up obdsim and obdgpslogger to test it out? i.e. Where does obdsim get its fake data and how does obdgpslogger know which gauges to record?

I looked in obdserial.c at getobdvalue() and getobdbytes() functions and also the ELM327 data sheet briefly but can't make a connection between them. What are the modes 0x01, 0x03, 0x04 etc.?

Again I would like to use the "Monitor All" feature of ELM327 to get the OBD info if possible, since all the gauges of interest should be already broadcast on the CAN bus. In this listening mode I have a better chance of sharing the OBD connector with ScanGauge which I am using right now but would like to expand functionality with obdgpslogger and obdgui.

In essence I need some more education on the inner workings of the programs and after that I can do all the tedious part of adding the code.

Thanks!
    PriiDash(TM) open source software
    Enhanced Instrument Panel and Data Logger

Another question is how to easily display the "Monitor All" output in something like a telnet terminal?
    PriiDash(TM) open source software
    Enhanced Instrument Panel and Data Logger

Comment

Working...
    X