Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just launched: Automon, a final year student project based on the ElmScan 5 USB.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just launched: Automon, a final year student project based on the ElmScan 5 USB.

Donal O'Connor is a B.Sc. student in the Software Development and Computer Networking program at the Cork Institute of Technology in Ireland. In January of 2009, Donal presented his project idea for a final year student project, a Linux-based in-car diagnostic computer, and asked if ScanTool.net would sponsor him. Donal has just finished his project, Automon.

Read the rest of the story.
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Cool.. I am doing as final project a scan tool too, but it is a emblebed system.

Comment

Originally posted by fanl View Post
      Cool.. I am doing as final project a scan tool too, but it is a emblebed system.
      You should definitely read up on the Automon project, then. It is not PC-based, he's running embedded Linux on an ARM SBC.

Vitaliy
      OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
      Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

I did read it after posting,

Defnately it is a great project, I will use ARM7 on mine but not this advanced graphic interface nider linux... I am student of Electronic engeneering, unfortunelly I dont program kernels.

It would be very nice to have a lcd screen on board running autoMon on my car. Great project.

Felipe.

Comment

This is a bit old of a thread but I followed your link and didn't see anything..

I sent you an email before I saw this information.. I will register on your forums...

I am a Student at a local university working on 2 different degrees. Digital Media Software Engineer and Information Security and Intelligence... Basically I will be programing small devices and learning how to be a hacker.

WHere do I post about my unique project?

Sounds like I have made this much harder than it needs to be...

Comment

Originally posted by redheadedrod View Post
            This is a bit old of a thread but I followed your link and didn't see anything..

I sent you an email before I saw this information.. I will register on your forums...

I am a Student at a local university working on 2 different degrees. Digital Media Software Engineer and Information Security and Intelligence... Basically I will be programing small devices and learning how to be a hacker.

WHere do I post about my unique project?

Sounds like I have made this much harder than it needs to be...
            How about your blog?

Comment

I don't have a blog?

Comment

I don't have a blog?
                Sounds like you need one
                "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                RevFE
                My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                  Sounds like you need one
                  LOL, Well go figure...

I am guessing since I am not allowed to start a blog on here I would need to somewhere else..

(Says i don't have the permissions required.)

Sounds like something I would definitely do. Just need to know the expectations here.

Comment

LOL, Well go figure...

I am guessing since I am not allowed to start a blog on here I would need to somewhere else..

(Says i don't have the permissions required.)

Sounds like something I would definitely do. Just need to know the expectations here.
                    There are many free blogging platforms (e.g., blogger, wordpress).

Vitaliy

Comment

Thanks, I will get back to you on this...

Probably should be in a different thread when I go there.

I have been added on as a programmer to the OpenMobile project so I will be looking to make some interesting things...
                      May look to extend the OpenODB project as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X