Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust problem

Hi,
    I've been running a PC in the boot of my car for about a month now. It's been randomly rebooting recently and after taking the case off I have found a LOT of dust inside. Every time I go over a bump, dust must get kicked up out of the carpet and sucked into the case. Its a tower case with two fans sucking air in at the front and two exhaust fans on the back. Does anyone know of a good air filter system that still keeps the PC running nice and cool? Thank you in advance.

thin strips of foam? or maybe some hacked up home-air filters?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

maybe a pollen filter for the cars A/C could be taped over the fans sucking air in...

but the case has to be taped up everywhere else so that the dust/air are forced to go via the filter first

just a quick thought
      Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

Comment

And don't forget to regularly clean the filter.
        Else rig up some thermal warning, or a "low flow" warning (an air flap is probably the easiest).

Comment

Detail your car more often?

Comment

close the trunk?

How about surgical masks? High pollen filter, disposable and what not.

Comment

the funny one.... mount the car pc on roof, the high airflow will keep dust away and cool the pc... not sure how performance will be in rain thou
              Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

Comment

Originally posted by boelle View Post
                the funny one.... mount the car pc on roof, the high airflow will keep dust away and cool the pc... not sure how performance will be in rain thou
                Haha, that's one solution to the problem but not one that I will be trying out.

Looks like I will be creating an improvised filter solution with some of the suggestions here. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X