Jetway motherboard just died!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetway motherboard just died!!!!

So yesterday my carpc turned off unexpectadly...check a few things and came to the conclusion that the m2 atx power supply had died...pulled the carpc and opened up the voom2 case and out drops a tiny little smd diode or transistor...hmm this isnt good....
    Part looks to be in good condition but i cannot find where it went.so i test the power supply...all o.k.
    Test the jetway NF9G-QM77 and its lifeless!!!! Really not good.
    Thank god i purchased it from mini-box.com.au and have the recipt and box...it has a 1 year warranty mabee more so its going back..
    Hoping for a speedy turnaround.

Here's to a speedy car PC recovery
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Many thanks..always a sad day when a loved one passes.

Comment

When you get a replacement system make sure you get an industrial grade motherboard if you can. A few of us use a more heavy duty motherboard made for harsh environments. Unless of course they just give you a new board straight up. Sounds like if you have loose components that it had some bad solder joints regardless.

Anything placed in a vehicle should be rated for some rather extreme temps.

Rodney

Comment

It was a industrial board..... Jetway JNF9G-QM77 Mobile I Series.did spot some other suspect solder joints yesterday.

Comment

Yikes, I have that same industrial grade motherboard in my car. It's been installed for about a year and running fine, in a Voom2pc case. It's been stable even when the car's inside temperature was 40C, but the board is rated for operation at 60C and everything is soldered with that high melting temp solder. If a component came off, that component must have gotten real hot.

There's also is a possibility it's something from your memory module that got hot and melted off, falling onto the motherboard to take it out. Better inspect the memory too!

Comment

I will check that rray.i cannot see any physical heat damage on the board.the smd chip doesnt look hot either...also its winter here at the moment...and its dam cold!!
              Still hoping its a once off problem.as its fairly high power setup but its only just idleing along that was its intended construction type..high power low overheads to keep it all cool.

Comment

Ohh mine is about 10 months old now too.was new in box when recieved

Comment

I had a small cap come off my jetway board, with no apparent reason after 2 years of service. I found its location and tried to reinstall but no good mine was near the atx 20pin connector. Still I bought another jetway board, this was a factory refurb for 1/2 the price of the original board same model. SNO

Comment

Get well card in the mail...upgrading is always fun.
                    CarPc
                    Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

Thanks chris350.
                      The board went back to the supplier the other day.im away for 2 weeks now so im hoping it will arrive home before i get back.
                      Wondering what comes first....parts blow or solder melts...short of having high temp solder aparantly solder melts around the 182c mark.
                      Im sure a cap or smd diode can withstand 180c+ temps can it cook its own solder and drop free?

Comment

Hmm just got a replacement and it seems it wont post either....i now have only the cpu and system speaker installed and it will spin the cpu fan breifly but thats it...no beeps..
                        If i remove the cpu the fan will start but still no beeps..psu tested fine...should a bare board beep on startup?

Comment

what are you using to trigger the start? power button? shorting the 2 pins? ac powered atx power supply? SNO

Comment

Do you have memory installed on the board yet? Sounds like normal activity if no memory is on board. The number of beeps and if they are long or short beeps should tell you what is going on with the board if it ever beeps. Have you tested the CPU on another board? Might have blown the CPU when you toasted the old motherboard.

Rodney

Comment

Sno..im shorting the power button pins while connected to a tested AC power supply. rodney...i dont have another board to teat the cpu...im hoping its o.k.might need to swing past the local pc shop to see what they have

Comment

Working...
                              X