How Do I Modify This Bracket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Modify This Bracket?

I previously posted this in the Production Double-Din VGA Touchscreen in the making! thread, but it got lost with all the other updates and it probably didn't belong in that thread in the first place. So I'll try again!

I just purchased this bracket
    HONDA PILOT .ORG - Custom made dash double din piece
    for my Honda Pilot in anticipation of this double-din VGA touchscreen. I will need to trim 1/8" off of each side to accomodate the dimensions of the touchscreen. For someone who is not very mechanically inclined how is the best way to increase the opening without much danger of messing it up?

thanks,
    Murray

For you, id probably just get a straight file and go to work. You will be taking very little material off at a time so you can take your time and make sure you dont take off too much
    G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

Either be very careful with a utility knife, use a dremel or Get a pair of End-cutting pliers and then sand.

Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
      Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
      I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
      Please help.

Comment

Just go to walmart and get a 60 or 80 grid sand paper + sand block or sponge like sand paper block and start sanding it down. Or use a filer like blazinlow suggest. Or buy a rotarry and start working on it.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I would not recommend any power tools for just 1/8". With a dremel its very easy for the tool to do what it wants and cut deep. Definately go manual, either a file or sandpaper.
          G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

IF you have never used a dremel before, I would agree. With a tiny, tiny little bit of practice, a dremel can be used for fine details like that no problem. That's what a dremel is actually for, small details. You can engrave w/ a dremel. You can get a guide for it and attach a straight edge as well. A dremel and a cutoff wheel would be simple to follow a line.
            Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
            Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
            I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
            Please help.

Comment

Working...
            X