custom tv install?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom tv install?

alright guys, im new to the website and need some help. figured this would be the place to get it. i have an 04 sierra, im going put a tv where my radio and aircondition goes, prolly move my radio down and put my ac in my glove box. im definitely not the best with wires and ive never done this. so i need all the help i can get...if yall could help me thatd be GREAT!! i know that people usually use flip downs and dissasemble them. so if yall got any tryin to sell pm me.
    thanks

What help do you need...? And welcome to the forums!

Comment

like how to keep the tv in the dash really and wiring thats mainly it

Comment

You want only a TV? No PC?
        Carputer Project Status:
        0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
        Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

yeah just tv...not really into the hole car pc thing...dont u use a flip down screen correct?

Comment

Depends on the vehicle and the person. We have fixed mount lcds, screen installed into a dash like what you are trying to do, screen that are in dash and flip out. Screens that flip down from the roof and screen in headrests
            Avengerki
            PC Install: 85%
            Car PC: Revo-Sys X300 Double Din: 1.3GHz Pentium
            Software install and setup: 35%
            Entertainment Package: 85%

Comment

If you only want TV, why not buy a head unit with flip-out monitor that has a TV tuner? You can find them fairly cheap on eBay and other places online. Easy to install, no need to move A/C controls or custom modify dash.
              Carputer Project Status:

Comment

because i like a custom show look better then just ur avg. flip out tv

Comment

So start reading up on fiberglassing. Maybe buy something like this and mold it into your dash. I just can't see doing all of that work for crappy TV reception, but it's your call.
                  Carputer Project Status:

Comment

no..im lookin for more like an 10 or 11 inch tv.. not no small *** 7

Comment

Then it sounds like the best way for you to go would be to buy your desired size lcd screen making sure it has inputs for composite or standard cable then either cut your dash for the size of the screen and custom make a molding around it or create an entire custom dash out of fibreglass.

You may run into issues moving your AC controls depending on how it controls the AC.

But really a 10 or 11 inch lcd in the dash is going to be difficult the main reason most people use the 7 inch screens is ease of installation. The reason I keep saying LCD is you will not have the space there for a regular 10 inch tv and would also have a greater power requirement.
                      Avengerki

Comment

Hmm... Maybe something like this would be just the ticket. I'm sure the trim could be removed and the entire unit molded into the dash. 10.4" display, TV, video, MP3 capabilities. Has a remote too.
                        Carputer Project Status:

Comment

dunno if i really lke that one to much..prolly gonna use a flipdown tv

Comment

Another thing that you should checkis a number of states have laws against having a movie or video playing within view of the driver or something like that.
                            Avengerki

Comment

lol yea i think its illegal in pa but i hope dont get pulled over....7in to small so dont really like that. ive seen a 10.4 in silverado before just some cuttin and molding. it can be done i know. just have to figure some where to put radio and ac is gonna go in the glove compartment

Comment

Working...
                              X