Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removable lcd dash mount(new pics of motor function)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removable lcd dash mount(new pics of motor function)

howdy all... im back for my third project... i am going to be mounting a screen into my dash on my peugeot 206 i have gotten enough experience from building a custom ipod holder and a custom faceplate to know what works and what doesnt work. for the actual screen i have chosen the following: 5.6" boss lcd, i choose this screen for the following reasons: is comes with its own detachable bezel, so it can be removed with hardly problems, and there is also only ONE cable which comes out of the screen which has the power and vid in cable combined into one(makes for easy install), it also has TWO vid imputs, so if i eva wana attach a cam or sumthing extra i can. so here are some pics of what ive done so far... i eventually wana put in a servo or sumthin to make it come out automatically out of its case. i dont have any experience in servo's or actuators... so if anyone can recommend anything it would be appreciated. and how i would wire it up aswell thanx in advance.

some new pics... yes i know everything isnt perfect yet... but its getting there

ill finish it up and then upload some more pics of it finished.

Comment

did you see this project?

you could get more windshield view if you did it this way.
      http://www.hifimobile.fr/206v2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by guizai View Post

yup... i saw that project, its a pretty kewl idea, but only saw it once i started doing my project. besides iv done all the primer and paint work today and it looks fricken awesome. so im happy with my result from the pics it looks like its covering part of my windshield but im pretty tall so when im sittin in the drivers seat it doesnt block ANY view of the road at all.

Comment

That is an awesome fab job.
          Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

btw... i just rembered... im making my screen removable... so the way i installed it makes it easier to remove. ill explain what im going to do with regards to that at a later stage once i have all the right materials

Comment

Originally posted by rudels View Post
              btw... i just rembered... im making my screen removable... so the way i installed it makes it easier to remove. ill explain what im going to do with regards to that at a later stage once i have all the right materials
              I made my screen mount using another OEM double din HU to keep my screen removeable.

I don't know why I would want it removeable, but I like having the option.

Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

hi all... YAY!!!! iv finally finished!!! iv taken some pics, it not in my car yet though. sorry about the poor quality of the pics.

btw... even though it looks like there is a white line running accross it.... there actually isnt.... its just the light reflecting off the paint

Comment

damn nice work. I like the removability. Looks absolutely OEM.

Comment

damn nice work. I like the removability. Looks absolutely OEM.
                    thanks

iv got some more pics of it in my car... but the quality of the photos is pretty aweful... so please be nice

Comment

That's pretty close to what I need to do. What did you use to build the back of it - is that aluminum foil? Then, did you just put resin and filler over that?
                      Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                      Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                      Teardown PC [100%]
                      Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

I like the work, it looks great. I am looking to do the same in my car but in the dash. My question is how hard is it to remove the screen? Can you just pop it out like a removable faceplate on the head unit or more complicated?

Comment

very nicely done
                          2006 Mazda 6
                          12" elemental design 13kv2
                          9.2 Amp
                          pioneer 6x8's
                          boltons..

future mod: my first car PC

Comment

Originally posted by fatejd View Post
                            That's pretty close to what I need to do. What did you use to build the back of it - is that aluminum foil? Then, did you just put resin and filler over that?
                            yup, you use the foil to get the basic shape, poor some epoxy on it to give it some strength, then bodyfiller and sanding to smooth it all out.

Originally posted by Brandtj View Post
                            I like the work, it looks great. I am looking to do the same in my car but in the dash. My question is how hard is it to remove the screen? Can you just pop it out like a removable faceplate on the head unit or more complicated?
                            it pretty easy to pop out, one just needs to lift up the actual piece and push the screen out from the back. i am in the process of making it motorized so that all you have to do is push a button... the screen moves forward for removal, push the button again... the screen moves back into the casing. hope that made sense?

Originally posted by Mikeyd08 View Post
                            very nicely done
                            thanks dude

Comment

ok iv gotten round to the "motorized" remove option... now at the moment it does look a bit ghetto... but all will be covered up and made to look pretty i wanted to keep costs down as much as possible when making this so i used... wait for it... a compu cd drive for the "forward" "back" motion i need got it off my old compu so it didnt cost me a cent plus the drive is pretty strong and doesnt need any fancy controlers.... BONUS anywho, i know its not the best job in the world... but here is how far i am after one day... ill finish it off when i get some more time... (pics will be uploaded in a sec...)

Comment

Working...
                              X