Need your opinion on building car pc case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinion on building car pc case

Hi every one. So i have started building my second carpc. First one was micro atx with celeron 512ram and m2ATX.
    I have allmost gathered all the bits for new computer:
    VIA EPIA EX15000G
    1gb DDR2 533 ram
    3.5 160gb hdd
    m2-atx
    17dbi usb wifi
    1.2 bluetooth
    Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-900
    labtec 640k webcam.
    USB GPS
    2 x boss 240w amps (got 1)
    I am planing to build case for this setup from stainless steel, laser cut + painted + smal rectangular window + UV lights to match amps etc.
    I have started with rough skeches and i would like to get your opinion and feedback, basicaly what you think and how you would like it if it was for your self. I just want to hit sweet spot between size, cooling and expansion capabilities.
    Attached Files

Got some time, changed my draft sketch:
    Attached Files

Comment

Components

Here are components i have:
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to be off-topic but what are these called and where did you get them?
        02' JETTA 1.8T | WORKLOG ALBUM

Comment

Lazyflip, what these?

Comment

Where and how are you mounting the pc, and what screen are you going to be using?
            Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
            *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
            *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

The screen i'm going to use is pictured above. The PC is going to be located in the boot with amps, not hidden.
              I am deciding now which car i am going to buy, and then will see how i will fit the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by agniusm View Post
                Lazyflip, what these?
                I was referring to the last picture in your 3rd post. They look like some kind of male/female connectors. Thanks!
                02' JETTA 1.8T | WORKLOG ALBUM

Comment

Hey. These connectors are from Maplins in UK: http://www.maplin.co.uk/family.aspx?...id=-2&doy=18m5

Comment

lookin good.. build me a micro-atx version lol

what are you planning on using to connect the walls?
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Hi. The whole case will be cut from 1mm stainless steel sheet, then folded and tig welded (corners) including mainboard mounting nuts, hard drive brackets, power supply nuts. After, sanded, and painted or chrome plated LOL
                      Attached Files

Comment

i wonder how much does it cost to custom cut with laser etc..??

Comment

CarPC home

Just two weeks ago i have bought car i always wanted to have. Perfect colour + have purchased Jetex perfomance exhoust. Long awaited carputer home. So here is she.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You can use speakon connectors as well. That is what I used. Nuetrik speakon has a great connection, it is not screw on but clicks and locks into place.
                            My Install

Comment

Hi. I know that speakon are good but i dont think that they would do the job cause i find them a bit bulky and allso sockets must be bolted in rather then screwed in. I just thought connectors i bought will make job tidier. Any way thanx for info and replay sxott

Comment

Working...
                              X