Relocating '97 Audi A4 Climate Controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating '97 Audi A4 Climate Controls

How difficult is it to relocate the climate controls into the lower ashtray area? I've seen it done on the forums, but does anyone have a writeup on how to make it look stock? Thanks.

It's not as bad as you think

the actual CC panel is really small and thin. the main unit is bigger but it fits behind everything in that pocket (where the CC controls, stereo used to be). you'll have to fab a panel so the angle of the CC panel doesnt fit like the ash tray does, more slanted toward the sunroof so you can see.
    ...you know, that guy...

Comment

But it will fit in the ashtray housing correct? I'm not sure how I'm gunna manage to fab up a panel but I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

Comment

Im actually about to embark on this same mission myself, I have an extra cc unit as well as a whole extra console and cage to work with so that should make things easier.
        My idea was to make a tempate with cardboard that fits in the old ashtray area and then cut out an area in the cardboard for the front panel of the cc unit to fit into, I was then going to lay fiberglass on top of the cardboard and blend it into the cc unit. Once hardened i would remove the cardboard backing and sand and smooth.
        I will post picks as I make progress.

Comment

Lol, that's so weird, I was thinking of doing it the exact same way. I'm looking for an extra bezel thing that surrounds the radio, cc, and foglight buttons, etc. Do you know where I can pick one up?

Comment

sent pm about parts.

Comment

Thanks alot, keep me updated on progress. What kind of CPU are you running? How are you powering it? I'm a newb with the whole carputer thing, send me a pm with some info. Thanks.

Comment

heres a good link for this project.
                http://www.brrman.com/audi/1998_seda...diainstall.htm

Comment

If anyone has an extra radio surround bezel, I'm looking to purchase one. Thanks.

Comment

I have made some progress and will try to post some pics tonight.
                    This is my first attempt at working with fiberglass and there has been some trial and error.
                    First mistake I made was getting long strand bondo glass instead of short strand, maybe if you're really good you can work with that stuff but it was pretty messy so I went to the short strand and it turned out much better.
                    Did you try and contact that guy I told you about for getting the radio surround?

Comment

i'll get pics of my 'ugly' one and send them through.
                      ...you know, that guy...

Comment

amps- I contacted him, but he didn't have any. Thanks though

Comment

here are some pics of my progress.

Comment

Lookin good. My 7" Lilliput will be here today and I'll get started. Did you use a dremmel to cut up your bezel?

Comment

I used a combo of a dremel and jigsaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X