Need Help with Enclosure in GX 470

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Enclosure in GX 470

I own a Lexus GX 470 without navigation. I want to install a double din LCD screen.

http://clarion.com/us/en/products/20...294767357.html

The problem is that the opening will be 9 x 5 3/8 and the radio is only double din (7 x 4) and nobody makes bezels for this vehicle. Any ideas. I have never created anything other then a clay pot in elementary school, so not sure if I could make something, plus, the dash is not a color that would be easy to replicate. Attached is a picture of the dash area.

Any suggestions. Do you know of any places that where I can have something made?
    Attached Files

Depending on the year, Metra double din kit, or get a nav bezel.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Then cut away the buttons, epoxy your screen bezel in there, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, sand, sand, primer, sand, sand, sand, sand, paint, done.
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

End result

I am hoping the end result looks something like this....

On a side not, I posted this topic in the newbie section since it looked like this posting did not take. Can the moderator delete one of them?
        Attached Files

Comment

search for a user, rando. he has a 4th gen 4runner that is very similar.

here it is:http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off...a-4runner.html

my best guess would be to find that navi bezel and start with that.
          1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
          Pictures
          Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Sweet install mann looks oem...

Comment

Originally posted by G20T View Post
              Sweet install mann looks oem...
              if u mean that pic he put, thats what he WANTS it to look like..., lol, i dont think he's done anytihng yet

Comment

Just get a double din kit from Metra.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by giantshark18 View Post
                  On a side not, I posted this topic in the newbie section since it looked like this posting did not take. Can the moderator delete one of them?
                  Done.

Please understand that as a newbie, your first 5 posts will be moderated. Please do not post multiple times as it creates a lot of extra work for our moderators.
                  Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

RedGTiVR6: Any idea which double din kit to get. When I go to there site and select products, it asks for me to enter my vehicle info. Well it does not show as having a double din kit for my vehicle. Any idea what vehicle I could use in its place?

Comment

possibly the 4runner. (they are the same vehicle right? or is this the land cruiser, i thought that was the LX)
                      1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
                      Pictures
                      Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

The metra kit will help with mounting, but will it solve my problem of having a 9 x 5 opening and and 7 x 4 radio?

Comment

All metra kits make it so you can install either a single din or a double din radio.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by giantshark18 View Post
                            The metra kit will help with mounting, but will it solve my problem of having a 9 x 5 opening and and 7 x 4 radio?
                            That is the whole point. Do you even know what a Metra kit is? It takes weird funky shapes and makes them normal din sized.

Comment

Lexus GX-470 radio kit

I have the same truck, I just bought a kit on e bay, last time I look this is the i tem # 110396421575. The kit works perfectly and very beautifil, I think it will work with any double din radio. Good luck
                              Vinny

Comment

Working...
                              X