My MK3 Console Install, check it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MK3 Console Install, check it

Looks good. One question, though... Can you look at the screen and work it while driving? I have a 1996 Jetta and I am thinking about the same set up, but it seems a too low to use it while driving.

Comment

MK4 knob = teh HOT. Thats where my screen is going, but I'm a super terrible procrastinator and am still 60% done lol. I'm mainly using mine for music and possibly navigation (voice probably). When I plan on using it, I'm just going to have a bunch of playlists so I don't have to be looking at the screen all the time. To me, it seems like the best, most OEM spot for the screen, and its easy to cover up with a hat or something so thieves don't see it. I have seen people who moved their HVAC controls to where the ashtray is, but thats a rolal PITA for me, I can't get the cables in the right spot lol. Search for VW golf and check out some guy who put a 10.?" where his HVAC controls are, it looks SIICCCKK, but not my style.

Comment

My radio is in a positiong like that in my car and I noticed this morning that the stick shift partially blocks the radio when it is in the forward position, so I wouldn't want to put my screen there. So basically, the same question. How easy is it to use?

Comment

KK, shifter blocks it in 3rd and 5th..... you shouldn't be cruising in 3rd, and 5th its out of the way for the driver. I'm using it MAINLY for longer trips, I drive highway to school every day for 45 mins and in 5th gear I have no problem. I have Sirius radio as well so I use that in the city and such. I like where Im putting it because it IS out of the way a bit, so it reminds me to keep my eyes on the road. For music and such, I wouldn't see any problems with it. Maybe if you wanted to watch video, but.... lol.

Comment

Working...
          X