light around subs...how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light around subs...how?

ok so im thinking of starting a sub box.... i was doing some research and came accross this build....

so my question is... how did he get that awesome glow around the rings?
    any help or ideas would be helpfull, thanks

I'm not seeing a picture.
    Failure is not an option....

It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

Comment

Well , all i can think he done is get sum of them flexy christmas light tube and use that..or if u want to go abit more complicated u can use a clear plastic tube and doen it the way the angle light are done.. witch its kinda hard.

You can also buy these for it.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Studio-54-Neon-L...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

It looks like they used those neon rings recessed behind some plexiglass.
        Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

thanks for the replys... yup i also thought it was plexi... but isnt plexi clear? when the lights are off they look almost hazy... if that makes sense...? basically the look i want is a white ring around the sub and at night when you hit the switch... it goes blue. but i dont want the white ring to be see through at all during the day light. sorry if this has been discussed before... but i couldnt find anything that answered my question, so any ideas will do...

Comment

take a piece of plexi and sand blast it and it becomes frosted. you can achiece the same by sanding it with 200 grit sand paper.
            1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
            Pictures
            Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by seanz0rz View Post
              take a piece of plexi and sand blast it and it becomes frosted. you can achiece the same by sanding it with 200 grit sand paper.
              thanks you learn sumthing new everyday...

Comment

then you can even use a ring of super bright blue LED's to get a similar effect but you will still see the lights point sources. those neon rings are cheap, thats how I'd do it

Comment

http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips

Someone asks about lighten and noone mentions Ozzy you should all be ashamed of yoursleves :P

Comment

Originally posted by travisroy74 View Post
                    then you can even use a ring of super bright blue LED's to get a similar effect but you will still see the lights point sources. those neon rings are cheap, thats how I'd do it
                    yeah, you would...but it can be minimized if you use wide angle led's.....
                    Planning: [|||||||||-] 90%
                    Purchased: [|||||||||/] 99%
                    Installation: [|||||||||-] 90% (when is anyone's project ever REALLY done...)

Comment

Originally posted by travisroy74 View Post
                      yup i know they cheap... but i did a search and only found 10" ones on ebay... im looking for for 12" ones... but hey, the nice part about making them from scratch is that no one else will have the exact same parts as you... and therefore getting yourself more respect as a fabricator....

Comment

Here you go. Thankfully it says they're available in other colors.

http://mobile-emotions.stores.yahoo....nneonpins.html

Comment

or if you want to break out of the circle and do something crazy you could use side-emitting fiber optic cable and use a color wheel to get whatever colors you want on the fly and bend to whatever shape you want.
                          Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
                          Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
                          Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by dvosbrink View Post
                            Here you go. Thankfully it says they're available in other colors.

http://mobile-emotions.stores.yahoo....nneonpins.html
                            ha ha, yup, i saw the pink and was like "hang on".... but then saw the tiny writing at the bottom for the other colours... one would think they wouldve used blue or green or sumthing in their promotional pic...

Originally posted by GoHybrid View Post
                            or if you want to break out of the circle and do something crazy you could use side-emitting fiber optic cable and use a color wheel to get whatever colors you want on the fly and bend to whatever shape you want.
                            yup i was thinkin about doing some tribal designs and it would look AWESOME with a glow at night... thanks for the link

btw, i found this on a local site here in South Africa...

Lampa El-strip
                            you think this will be fine for my intended use?

Comment

i don't think the EL-strip will bend in the way you want it to for the illuminated face to be facing up... but i've been wrong before. Can you get a small sample to experiment with?
                              Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
                              Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
                              Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X