mobo support screws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobo support screws

I'm building a plexi box to house my mobo, but I need something to elevate it slightly to allow for wires to run underneath. I've seen plenty of people do it before, what do you all use? And where did you pick them up?
    Are you 2x? Because I want to integrate you from 10 to 13!

They are called "standoff screws". You can buy them easily and cheaply. It is screw that you can screw another screw into.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Cool, I take it you can pick these up at a hardware store or computer shop? Should I buy a specific kind because it'll be used with the motherboard? Like for static reasons or what not?

edit I see some here online in some computer shops, the look good enough, thanks for the help.
      Are you 2x? Because I want to integrate you from 10 to 13!

Comment

8-32 1/4" screws are standard "PC case" screws.
        You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes in many configurations. Personally, I think the hex-head cap screws look sexy and have used them in my project.

I actually have my motherboard on two standoffs, then secureed with the screws, allowing ample room for wires under the motherboard, as well as airflow.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Local computer repair stores have hundreds of those things kicking around in their backrooms leftover from builds, etc... if you ask nicely they might even give them to you for free.

Comment

Originally posted by sebberry View Post
            Local computer repair stores have hundreds of those things kicking around in their backrooms leftover from builds, etc... if you ask nicely they might even give them to you for free.
            I know we had tons of those suckers at the store I used to work at.
            Click for my projects
            2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
            X