qx4 fabrication again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qx4 fabrication again

i have a qx4 that was previously worked on and now wanted to change it.
    Here's what i have in mind, i wanted he screen to move 90 deg forward so that the hvac will mount at the back of it, that way i will have more space to put maybe an ipod/phone docking station and .....

here's what i did previously
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...ss-subs-5.html

Did you mean 45 deg? Like have it at an angle, facing upwards?

Sorry, but what you are saying doesn't make sense to me because rotating a screen 90 deg forward sounds like you'd be laying it on it's face.

Comment

sorry its not 45 deg. see my ac is a touchscreen base and i tried to get someone to install a regular unit even the dealer but no luck that's the reason why i have to keep the screen.

Comment

Here's a few pics.....
        I'm still thinking of what to put in the space at the botton, any ideas are welcome.
        Attached Files

Comment

please anyone, i needed some help to get this screen motorized and what to fill in the space below...

thanks

Comment

personally I would have kept it how it was and put the ipod docking station somewhere else... they don't take up that much room...

Comment

still working on this. one more space to cover and then fabricate and pain. maybe next week....all ideas are welcome
              Attached Files

Comment

more pictures
                Attached Files

Comment

great start, i got a dynamix to, to motorize the screen youll need an actuator to start with, other than that youll have to make some sort of "cage" or "arms" to hold screen while it moves
                  MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

I receive my Fusion Brain today, so i'll try to work on it this weekend. I wanted to control my HVAC with it and stearing wheel controls. Here are a few picutres
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not bad at all - and it leaves you the option of changing LCDs without ruining evrything later on

Good going, keep us posted, interested to see how you go with the Fusion Brain.
                      F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

DUTTY WINE!!! Great song.

What software are you using for the front end?

Comment

I'm still using streetdeck with icar skin....

Comment

Working...
                          X