Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Fabrication Shop in NYC area

What's up guys ?

Does anybody know about any fiberglass shop that is specialized in fabrication for car dashboards ? We want to install a carputer in 3 cars :

2006 BMW 550
    2007 Honda Accord
    2008 Infiniti FX 35

I looked for a while at this forum and saw some guys that have a solution for FX35 , but we need something to look factory and be easy to be removed and restored to factory once we decide to sell the cars. I have no time and talent to work with fiberglass. If someone knows a shop in NYC area , that could recommend us that would be wonderful.

Being new to this forum although reading for a while we see some good guys here and I am willing to work with them to have this thing going...

Whoever knows of someone please PM me.

Best for all

Maybe something in here will help:

How-To: Find and Hire a Fabricator
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

Have you seen turbocad6's work? Perhaps he might be able to help you out, and he's in the NYC area...
      My '07 Grand Cherokee CarPC project.

Comment

Originally posted by rdholtz View Post
        Maybe something in here will help:

How-To: Find and Hire a Fabricator
        I took a look at it but I prefer to work with recommendation. I want to save all the sweat and trouble if someone that I do not know , messes up. Can't mess with those cars...

Comment

The Sovereign,
          I saw it and I PM him yesterday .... Just waiting for his reply...

Comment

Cool, he's a good guy. I hope you guys can work something out. =)
            My '07 Grand Cherokee CarPC project.

Comment

PM me what you need and a pic of what parts you need and i'll let you know the price. If you want some pictures also let me know
              4G64 5 SPEED
              MY CAR - MY 5SPD - MY CARPUTER - MY GARAGE SALE

Comment

goosey2099,

Done!

Comment

Originally posted by FXer35 View Post
                  What's up guys ?]

Does anybody know about any fiberglass shop that is specialized in fabrication for car dashboards ? We want to install a carputer in 3 cars :

2006 BMW 550
                  2007 Honda Accord
                  2008 Infiniti FX 35

I looked for a while at this forum and saw some guys that have a solution for FX35 , but we need something to look factory and be easy to be removed and restored to factory once we decide to sell the cars. I have no time and talent to work with fiberglass. If someone knows a shop in NYC area , that could recommend us that would be wonderful.

Being new to this forum although reading for a while we see some good guys here and I am willing to work with them to have this thing going...

Whoever knows of someone please PM me.

Best for all

What's up guys,
                  I got some pics of the BMW E60 to show you guys. I want to put a 7" touch screen in the middle of the dash.

If I relocate the AC buttons to the bottom, I can have a 2 din space easy over there and 1' for a DVD Slot. The cd and dvd , I will not need it there once I will have the PC . the DVD is only to load the navi update so I will put in the glove compartment.

Also , I was taking a look at the cup holder and I really like the way it slides in and out and that can be perfect place to fit in a 7' lcd horizontally with some additional mod. I do not mind fliping up once i push the button. I will try even to use a swivel so the monitor can face me while I'm typing..

What you guys think ? Am I out of my mind or is something feasible ?

For the FX 35 08

I would like to use the space where the clock and the cig lighter is. I can possibly relocate the cig to someplace else and the watch I do not need it . I have to disassemble the console to see what is behind it. I believe I can fit a 7'" screen there.

Here are the pics

[IMG][/IMG]

Any input on this would be welcome. THX

Comment

up

Comment

Working...
                    X