Advice on how/where to put touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on how/where to put touchscreen

OK. I am finally going to bite the bullet and get a car pc, I am not sure on whether to go for a 7, 8 or 10" screen though. Looking at the pic below What do you gurus recommend?

Its going in a 80 Series Landcruiser as pictured below. Do you guys have the screens mounted flat or are they tilted slightly towards the driver enabling a better viewing angle?

I was going to mount it similar to this pic below so I can swivel towards me or the mrs depending on what its doing UNTIL I stumbled across some pics of the installs you guys are managing to do. !!

I am looking at the cheap ebay 8 or 10" LCD's at the moment but am open to suggestions.

You could easily fit a 7'' in your dash and relocate your aftermarket JVC. Looks like it'll be hard to reach so you better plan and check everything before going for it....

Good luck!!

Vmt
    VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
    Final Install
    CarPC progress: 95%

Comment

Yeah I wanted to go bigger than a 7" and as for the JVC deck that will be removed as long as I can get radio to work through the car pc.

Comment

You could go for a 8'' or 10'' but that means more $$$ and more fabrication with epoxy or what ever product your intend to use. It seems like a nice project....don't to plan everything before, it will give a bigger picture of my work needs to be done.

IMO, you could relocate the JVC and get the audio from there (AUXILIARY).

GOod luck with ur setup man.
        VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
        Final Install
        CarPC progress: 95%

Comment

Wow that's a whole lot of devices!
          I would move the JVC as some suggested. A double din is a perfect place for a monitor.
          My Car PC project
          Current status: Fabricating screen

Comment

Where did you get the monitor mount? I have been searching the forums for that type of mount for my 7" archos... touch screen, trying to figure a way to mount it in my BMW style dash.

Comment

Its a custom job, I will post of some more pics of different angles tonight..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X