Extending Ribbons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending Ribbons!

I have started to make the brace for my screens. The circuit board for the screen (EBY701) will be below the dash, then the displays and buttons will be above and flip up and down. I managed to get the ribbons for the screen longer, but i cannot find the ribbons any longer for the button panels. So I have to extend them myself. Does any one have any ideas how to do that?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    I have started to make the brace for my screens. The circuit board for the screen (EBY701) will be below the dash, then the displays and buttons will be above and flip up and down. I managed to get the ribbons for the screen longer, but i cannot find the ribbons any longer for the button panels. So I have to extend them myself. Does any one have any ideas how to do that?
    Check the LCD/Display forum. It's discussed there several places. Try searching for "extend ribbon cable"; you'll get lotsa hits.
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

OK, I tried to do it and I failed. So now I need a replacement ribbon. I tried the links in most threads, but alot lead to DWW, which I do not trust at all. Any other place I can get them, maybe longer. I am trying to make the button panel ribbon longer. Its the one with the 13 prongs.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Try Mouser Electronics. It's a toy store for techies and tinkerers. You can download the entire gigantic catalog, or only a section, but I ended up ordering the printed catalog.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

Look at seller 'RAID GEAR' on ebay. He's got all sizes of the ribbon cables in longer lengths.
          Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
            Look at seller 'RAID GEAR' on ebay. He's got all sizes of the ribbon cables in longer lengths.
            I cant seem to find him....says user not found. Do you have his/her email?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I Googled RAID GEAR eBay and got this info from his page:
              About me
              RAID GEAR

RAID GEAR is based out of Audubon, NJ. We mainly provide electronics components and replacement foam headset parts. Our customers are just average ebay shoppers and telephone call-centers. RAID GEAR line of clothing - is a small development company currently building products based on intense research and custom built manufacturing machines to produce apparel and accessories which are unique and useful for those who have an eye for the aggresive and exotic. The R & D on clothing is based off the live video game product development articles which were developed, submitted and tested over the years since 2004.

Other items are sometimes taken for a quick sales comission, or possibly items laying around the house which may no longer have a need for. Ebay is a good way for us to pass around those items. Customer serivce can be reached via e-mail: [email protected] or YAHOO instant messanger: DOCSTEIN99 or finally by telephone: 215-774-9874

Comment

Originally posted by rdholtz View Post
                I Googled RAID GEAR eBay and got this info from his page:
                About me
                RAID GEAR

RAID GEAR is based out of Audubon, NJ. We mainly provide electronics components and replacement foam headset parts. Our customers are just average ebay shoppers and telephone call-centers. RAID GEAR line of clothing - is a small development company currently building products based on intense research and custom built manufacturing machines to produce apparel and accessories which are unique and useful for those who have an eye for the aggresive and exotic. The R & D on clothing is based off the live video game product development articles which were developed, submitted and tested over the years since 2004.

Other items are sometimes taken for a quick sales comission, or possibly items laying around the house which may no longer have a need for. Ebay is a good way for us to pass around those items. Customer serivce can be reached via e-mail: [email protected] or YAHOO instant messanger: DOCSTEIN99 or finally by telephone: 215-774-9874
                LMFAO, i should have used Google.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Sorry his name is doctorstein, his store is RAID GEAR

I just got a cable from him for extending a xenarc switch panel
                  Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Working...
                  X