Making a Retractable Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Retractable Screen

Has anyone tried making a retractable screen? I would like to hide my touchscreen when not in use. Much like those fancy dvd player head units.

I'm looking into mounting my 7" lilliput on a track of some kind. When not in use it is either manually(easier to do) or automatically pushed into the dash where a cover may be pulled in place to cover up the hole.

I have 1996 Grand Prix with the factory radio completely removed so I have the entire double din size hole to work with.

Anybody have some pointers? referrals? thanks.

Look in the LCD/Display thread for "conceal" or "hidden" or "theft". You'll find good stuff there.
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

It has been tried and done successfully. Search on "linear actuator" or "folding screen". My install has one but probably won't work the way you need it to. Links in my signature.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I'm exploring different materials to make a track and housing. I don't think I'll bother with any automation. Anyway I appreciate the help from both of you. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X